The Magic and Wonder of the Holidays


Hello Stampin' Friends.  This is me, still trying to catch up my scrapbooks. I have been sitting on these photos for 3.5 years. I decided that it was truly time to get them booked. 

I love these sweet photos of Jude's second Christmas (he was only an infant the year before) and his big sister showing him everything on Gramma and GranDoug's tree. I just happened to be in the right spot to capture the children early in the morning, still in their PJs, shortly after our tree when up. 
 

For these two pages I used the Poinsettia Dies, the big scallop border die and the largest scallop edge rectangle die from the Color and Contour Bundle, and the Tailor Made Tag Dies - three of my favorite die sets on one double page layout! I used Real Red ink and cardstock along with Blushing Bride cardstock. And of course, white cardstock.

I used our Blending Brushes and the Real Read Ink and brushed some color onto the background (the 12 x 12 -inch white cardstock). I did this on both pages, aiming for opposite corners. 


One of the tricks I utilized was shortening the length of a die. For the photo of Jude and Avaleigh playing (above), I used the fill side die cut and trimmed the photo to fit the die. For the bottom photo I trimmed the photo to the width of the die, but then I repositioned the die make the frame shorter to fit the photo. You can do this with almost any die.



I used double layered Tailor Made Tags in Real Red and White for my title and my journaling. The stamping on title tag looks a bit odd in the photo, but not so much in real life. For the journaling, I measured the die and using MS Word, I created a text box to match the tag measurements. I typed in my journaling and printed onto Vellum. I cut the vellum with the same tag die and layered the vellum over the white.

I finished this layout with White dot ribbon, 1/4-inch seam binding ribbon, and Genial Gems.

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back soon with another project to share.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment