Let Hope Be Your Anchor

Hello Stampin' Friends. In my last blog post I used Stampin' Up!'s gorgeous Artistically Inked Suite to create a VERY PINK, very floral card. Today I am going to show you how to use the same stamp set and create a completely different look, creating the encouragement card above. 

Below is a photo of Stampin' Up!'s Artistically Inked stamp set. I have put an orange rectangle around the stamp I used today. I call this the "background" stamp.


I began with the Sailing Home stamp set. I stamped the large sailboat image onto basic white card stock in Stazon Ink. I stamped an empty stamp block in Pacific Point ink, and using a Water Painter brush, I water colored the sailboat image.
 

While the watercolors dried, I took the background stamp from Artistically Inked, using Pacific Point ink, I stamped the bottom edge of a 4x5.25-inch piece of card stock. I stamped twice to cover the entire bottom.


Next, I used Smoky Slate ink and a Blending brush and brushed a layer of ink on the upper three-quarters of the card front.


Still using Smoky Slate ink, I used the same background stamp with the stamp off technique and stamped the entire upper three-quarters of the card. 


This is what the card base looked like when I finished stamping with the background stamp


To finish the card, I cut out the sailboat and affixed it to the front of the card. I cut two .25-inch strips of black cardstock and a length of twine. I stamped the sentiment on a tag (which was also stamped ever-so-lightly with the background stamp) and using Stampin' Dimensional dots, I raised the sentiment above the decorative element. I used Stampin' Blend markers and darkened the color of the sequins before applying them to finish the card front.


I enjoyed creating this card as it used the background stamp in an unusual way. I think it works so well as my ocean.

Thank you for dropping by today!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment