Ink and Inspiration September Team Blog Hop

 

Hello Stampin' Friends. Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. If you arrived here via the hop, you are currently visiting Susan Edwards from the southeastern United States. Today I will be sharing a simple card made with Stampin' Up!'s Delivering Cheer stamp set. 



I have loved this vintage looking lady with the load of packages since my first viewing of the fall catalog. With her poufy skirt and her pile of gifts I was enchanted by her story. For today's card I stamped the two pieces of the image - the skirt and legs and the upper body of arms and packages - several times. First I stamped both images on to the same piece of white cardstock. On this layer I colored the skin areas, the shoes, and the package bows. Then I fussy cut her out. 

Next, I stamped the skirt onto the mini peppermint pattern paper in the Gingerbread & Peppermint 6x6 inch designer series paper set, then I cut out the skirt and glued it over the skirt area on my stamped woman. I also stamped the image of the upper body/packages a number of times  onto a variety of small prints from the same Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP. I then cutout the stamped package pieces and glued them on to the main image.

 

To finish my card I stamped some fun elements onto the white layer of the card. I added the red dots and the two fun trees, hoping to pick up on the vintage feel of the package lady.  I used Stampin' Dimensional dots to the woman and popped the woman on the first of the card. I added a ribbon bow at her waist and some red dot embellishments. Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of white cardstock and after matting it on green, I attached it in the upper left corner at an angle.  The entire card front is layered in wonky angles adding to the fun feeling of the card.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope that you have enjoyed the blog hop and have been inspired to create your own fun seasonal project.



Product List

9 comments:

  1. Love your card Susan,this set has to be one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card!!! I love the fussy cutting of the beautiful patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your card Susan. This is a magical stamp set and your pattern pieces works perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely in LOVE with your card! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete