October Ink and Inspiration Blog Hop

 



Hello Stampin' Friends. Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. If you arrived here via the hop, you are currently visiting Susan Edwards from the southeastern United States. The theme of this month's blog hop is Tool Time. Today I will be sharing a Christmas Gift Box I created using Stampin' Up! tools!

First, I LOVE this box. It was designed by Krista Frattin from The Crafty Carrot Co. and shared during "free August". 

To create the basic box, you will need two sheets of Stampin' Up! card stock, the paper trimmer, and the score board. 

For the box inside you will need a piece of 11 X 7 inch. Score all four sides at 1-inch and again at 2-inches. Trim corners as illustrated below.


Fold the scored pieces inward, gluing the tabs between the layers of the 1-inch sides. You will have a tray-like structure.

For the outside of the box, you will need a 9 1/4-inch x 7 inch piece of card stock. Score the long side at 1-inch, 2-inches, 5 1/8-inches, and 6 1/8-inches. Fold on each of the score lines. 


Glue the tray piece in place between the 2" score and the 5-1/8 inch score. The outer box wraps around the interior "tray", with 1-inch and the second 3 1/8-inch sections creating the "lid". The inside will hold a Cadbury size chocolate bar (larger than a Hershey bar).


I used the Gingerbread and Peppermint bundle to decorate my box. I chose the snowflake cookie dies. In addition to the thin dies used, I also use the Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine, another great Stampin' Up! tool! 

I finished my card with a tag made with Stampin' Up!'s Tailored Tags and I added the word Chocolate from the "Nothing's Better Than" bundle.

I have crafted a dozen of these boxes for my upcoming Christmas Craft Show. I found the Cadbury bars for a good price each at Target!


Thank you for hopping by today. I hope that you have enjoyed the Blog Hop and that you are inspired to use your Stampin' Up! tools to create your own masterpieces!








Product List

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and box! Thank you for sharing! - Ann ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great treat box Susan, love my Scoring board as well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at 'Chocolate', Susan! Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chocolate box featuring so many fun tools! x

    ReplyDelete