August Ink & Inspiration Design Team Blog Hop

 


Hello Stampin' Friends. Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. If you arrived here via the hop, you are currently visiting Susan Edwards from the southeastern United States. Today I will be sharing a simple card made with the Blossoms In Bloom Stamp and Die bundle.  The theme of today's blog hop is "Clean and Simple". I have a confession. I struggle with making simple cards. I try but I seem unable to help myself from adding extras to the card.


My card is almost monochromatic. I chose this beautiful color of Stampin' Up! cardstock to feature, Pool Party, and just a smidge of designer series paper from the Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper set. Links to all products are provided below. 

I have loved the Blossoms In Bloom stamp and die set ever since it released last year. I have found it to be so versatile, and so pretty. I have used it with cards, 3D projects, and scrapbook pages. It is stunning in a sweet and simple mode as well as in layers or when brightened with fun ink colors. If you would like to see some of my other projects with this set, click here.


I began with 4.25" x 11" card base, scored at 5.5". 
I cut a 4" x 5.25" rectangle for the "popped up" front of the card.
I cut a second 4" x 5.25" rectangle and used that to die cut the pretty floral layer.
I used a scrap of white cardstock to die cut the white scalloped embellishment.
I also used a scrap of the Hand-Penned DSP as part of my embellishment. 
I stamped "Thanks" from the Color and Contour Stamp set onto a scrap of Pool Party cardstock. 
I found matching ribbon and sequins in my stash. 

After gathering and cutting the card elements, I did a bit of hand trimming on the die cut floral piece. I wanted for the bouquet to be a bit smaller than normal so I used my snips to remove a few of the flowers. I like the additional free space on the background of the card.


Thank you for hopping by today. I hope that my almost clean and simple card inspires you to use products in a new way, and to combine your stamp and die sets. 




Product List

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - It always amazes me how effective die cuts in the same colour as the card base are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, such pretty colours!- Ann Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft and pretty card Susan, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of monochromatic, great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Susan! The touch of DSP and the splatter really lift it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Susan, the pool party is an amazing choice for your card. So crisp and pretty xc

    ReplyDelete