July Demonstrator Training Program Blog Hop

Hello Stampin' Friends! Today I am participating in Bruno and Kylie Bertucci's Demonstrator Training Program Blog Hop. Bruno and Kylie offer training to Stampin' Up! Demonstrators to assist us in building our businesses. If you arrived here via the blog hop, I am Susan Edwards from the US. Welcome.


Today's card has a story, and it began yesterday at our team's monthly Zoom meeting. We had a mystery stampin' challenge. I ADORE mystery stampin'! The way it works is, you are given a list of general supplies to prepare. Then, in our case, you follow verbal instructions and assemble your card your way. 

Yesterday's general supply list was:

  • Cut a 5" x 4" piece of designer series paper,
  • Make a card base from matching cardstock,
  • Cut or punch a sentiment tag, and
  • Gather any embellishments you choose to use.
I chose the Expressions in Ink designer series paper, and I cut it with the large Scalloped Contour die - which just happens to be 5" x 4". I chose thick white chardstock for my base card, and I embossed the card front. I cut a white tag with the Painted Label dies. And finally, I cut the detailed butterfly with the Butterfly Wings Dies in a coordinating piece of Expressions in Ink dsp and the solid butterfly layer in In-Color Shimmer Vellum. I had no idea what we were going to do with these elements.



At the end of our meeting we were instructed to make three angle cuts in the 5" x 4" piece of designer series paper and to affix that to the front of our card. We were instructed to use Stampin' Dimensionals to affix our label to the card front. Finally, we were told to embellish.

Using the elements I had pre-made, this is the card I created. I am not going to lie, I like that my card was different because I used the scalloped die cut. Everyone else just had a rectangle. 



I finished my card by embellishing it with In-Color gems and touches of ribbon and lace.  Forgetting that this was a THANK YOU themed card hop, I used the Happy Birthday stamp from the Best Year stamp set. Oops. Hopefully, Kylie will forgive me for that lapse. 

Thank you for hopping by today. I hope that you enjoyed my card and that you also enjoy the rest of the hop!

Product List

11 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, Susan. Of course, you can never go wrong with that DSP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Ann. I do love that dsp!
      XX Susan

      Delete
  2. I like how you used the scalloped contour dies on the DSP! Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. I had no idea we would be cutting the dsp into pieces, but it all worked.
      xx Susan

      Delete
  3. I love the angled cuts. Just a little bit of "different!" The butterfly looks great with that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Susan, I just love this paper, so lovely to see it used with a butterfly!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty card Susan, love the way you have cut your die cut dsp x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Brilliant use of the dsp. Colours are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card!!Love the butterfly with the DSP!!😊

    ReplyDelete