Black and Pink with International Hopping


Hello Stampin' Friends.  Today I am participating in Kyllie Bertucci's Monthly International Blog Hop. If you joined me through the hop, you are currently visiting Susan Edwards in Aiken, South Caroline, USA. Welcome.


Today is a rainy Monday here in South Carolina so I thought I would brighten up things just a bit with this super fun Polished Pink and black checked card.  I created this card using one of my favorite new products in the Stampin' Up! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog, the Color & Contour Bundle

The Color & Contour Bundle is a thirteen-piece stamp set combined with an eight-piece die set - that is to die for (ha ha). Seriously, this die set is gorgeous. I love the scalloped layered dies, the flower cut outs, and the scalloped border die. Remember a border die does not always have to be used on the edge of the card!


I chose a Polished Pink, Black, and White color palette for this card. My base card was made with thick white cardstock with a layer of black and white designer series paper and white cardstock added to the front. I cut bottom edge of the white cardstock with the scallop border die from the bundle. I added black speckles to abstractly to the card front with the speckle stamp in the set. I also added Pale Papaya speckles by flinging the color off of a marker onto the cardstock. I affixed the black check paper flat to the lower front of the card. I used dimensionals to affix the white portion to the upper front of the card.

I stamped the fun two-step stampin' flowers in StazOn black ink, then stamped the abstract petal fill-in stamp in Polished Pink, one of the new In-Colors. I colored the center of the flower with a marker. I stamped and cut two of the flowers. Using dimensionals, the flowers were added to the upper portion of the card front.


Using the fun "Thanks for everything" stamp, I stamped the sentiment onto the left front of the card in Black ink. The card with finished with pink and black inked sequins.

If you like my card, please take a minute and pop over to Kylie's blog and vote for me. Thanks!



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoy the remainder of the blog hop!


Product List

11 comments:

  1. This card would brighten up any rainy day! Thanks Susan for being part of my International Highlights this month! All the best with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by and for hosting the International blog hop, Kylie!!
      xx Susan

      Delete
  2. I love your card! The black and white and extra speckles just pulled me in, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Susan! I really like the black checked paper with it! ~ Kim Kroeker

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! The gingham, the scallops, the bright flowers, it's just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!
    Good luck with the voting and greetings from Germany!
    Simone (derdiedasKleine bastelt)

    ReplyDelete