Hello everyone. Do you remember the old saying, "The Devil's in the details"? I do not believe that. I believe the finished look is in the details. And that is what this layout is all about - the look of Bethany's wedding created with the details.
First, I MUST apologize for the color issues I have had with the last two layouts. Neither Monday's layout nor today's layout photographed true to color. The colors are much better in real life.
I was a very fortunate mother of the bride in that my daughter had a vision of what she wanted for her wedding AND it was a look that I loved and had no trouble embracing and growing.
With this layout I feared any scrapping elements might over shadow the actual photos so I went with a simple layout: I cut my printed 12 x 12 inch sheets of Heartfelt Creations card stock down to 10.5 x 10.5 inches and matting them onto CTMH Colonial White card stock. Using my Silhouette Cameo, I cut six double layer roses and two corner vines.
I assembled four of the roses the correct way, and for the other two I applied the negative area of the petal cutouts to the background rose. I wanted to create a bit of contrast when I layered the flowers on the pages.
I cut the vine in a subtle cashmere color to enhance the pages, but not over take them. I am very pleased with how the pages turned out, even if the photos do not reflect the true colors and details.
Please forgive any errors in this post - I am sure I missed many. We like to honor the true 12 days of Christmas at our house so yesterday was Christmas decor de-decorating day where everything was taken down and put away - almost. My Dickens Village is still out and I must sort through bows and tags to see what is salvageable. Yesterday was also my mom's 78th birthday so in addition to the Christmas deconstruction, I also hosted our family for Granny's birthday gathering last night. It was a LONG day. THEN I prepared this blog post.
Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back in the week more rested with a new post!