Simply Sketchin' Saturday Facebook Challenge

 

Welcome Stampin' Friends! Today I am going to share another sketch challenge from the Simply Sketchin' Saturday Facebook Group (click here to ask to join). This week's challenge sketch is pictured below. As you can see, I have taken a few liberties in interpreting the sketch.


I seem to have three stampin' focuses in my life right now, Waves of Inspiration, an early release suite from the upcoming Annual catalog, preparing for my upcoming March classes, and the Ukraine. I feel such sadness, sympathy, and outrage for the people of Ukraine. With that third focus constantly on my mind, I used today's Simply Sketchin' Saturday (because it is Saturday in Australia) to express my thoughts for Ukraine. 


I used a palate of Pacific Point blue, Daffodil Delight yellow, and Early Espresso, with touches of gold. I stamped the sunflower in Black Memento Ink, then colored it with Daffodil Delight light and dark Stampin' Blend Markers. I used two small rectangles of gold dot vellum and some gold leaves (both of which are leftovers from an older Paper Pumpkin kit), as well as a die cut circular mat and a scrap of gold and white designer series paper.


For my sentiment, I did not use a stamp. I created my own sentiment in a Word document and printed it onto white cardstock. I based my sentiment on the scripture in Isiah. I confess that I never truly appreciated that sentiment before. I generally think of a river as a peaceful, gently moving body of water. What I have failed to grasp previously is that a mighty river flows with such force that it clears obstacles and moves land (think of the mighty Mississippi River carving out the land of Louisiana, ever widening and changing). That is the type of peace movement I would like for the people of the Ukraine.


I am going to share one more quick Ukraine themed project I made this week (above). Straight from my Instagram page, my Ukrainian relief fund money box. A nice place to collect extra $1 dollar bills and change to donate to a relief fund.

Before I go, as luck would have have it (it truly was a coincidence), the Celebrating Sunflowers stamp and die bundle is currently on sale for 20% off, as well as 12 other bundles and our mini die cut machine. Check out the sale HERE at my online store. Select Shop Now, Savings and Promotions, and then select Savings Are In Bloom.

Thank you for stopping by today. The products used on my Simply Sketchin' Saturday card are listed below (but remember, the Sunflower Bundle is on sale for $45.50).


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Love your projects! Ukraine has been on my mind as well.

    ReplyDelete