SIMPLY SKETCHIN' SATURDAY FACEBOOK GROUP


Welcome Stampin' Friends! Today I am going to share another sketch challenge from the Simply Sketchin' Saturday Facebook Group (click here to ask to join). This week's challenge sketch is pictured below. As you can see, I have taken a few liberties in interpreting the sketch.

 

For today's card I chose to step up the background of the sketch a bit using both Stampin' Up! DSP (designer series paper) Expressions In Ink (available in our annual catalog and in my online store) and one of the dies from the Blossoms In Bloom Bundle (also available in the annual catalog and online). I have been using so many new products recently that it was lovely to spend some time with an old friend, which is how I think of the Blossoms in Bloom bundle.


The DSP is so pretty and vibrant that I chose Melon Mambo cardstock to use as my base card. My happy birthday sentiment is stamped onto basic white cardstock in Melon Mambo ink using the Best Year stamp set. I added a layer of vellum behind the sentiment in order to help the sentiment stand out. I found the the Polished Pink ribbon blended close enough to use with the Melon Mambo.


The card element measurements are:
  • Base card 11 x 4.25 inches, scored at 5.5 inches
  • DSP layer 4 x 5.25 inches
  • Vellum strip 4 x 1.5 inches


If you are a Facebook user I hope that you will join the group and view the other participants cards. We would love to see your card creation using this sketch also.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment