Hand-Penned Watercolor Card

Hello Stampin' Friends. We are coming off a long weekend here in the US, so I may seem a day late on this post. Today I am back with a "technique card." I wanted to show you a different way to use your Stampin' Up! ink pads. 

For this card I stamped a floral image from the Hand-Penned stamp set onto white cardstock using StazOn Jet Black Ink. Quick lesson - When planning to use watercolor on am image, stamp with StazOn ink. When planning to use out Stampin' Blend Alcohol Markers, always use Memento Ink. Each ink has different properties that allow them to serve different functions.

Anyway, I stamped the image and then I took an empty stamp block and stamped it in the Polish Pink ink 
(far left side of the image below) to use as a watercolor wash for the two larger flowers. I used our AquaPainter brushes and applied a bit of water to the ink, then brushed the ink on to the stamped image.

I continued this process with different colors, washing the brush tip in between until the image was all water colored. I then used the coordinating Hand-Penned die and cut out the bouquet.


I chose thick white cardstock as my base card and Hand Penned DSP for the background. I also wanted to use out Basic Border Dies, so I added a layer of vellum. I used one of the border dies to cut the print background and the vellum before affixing the layers to the card.


I cut the smallest tag from our Tailor Made Tags and stamped the Thanks sentiment. I finished the card with 1/4-inch white seam binding ribbon and opal round gems. 

For more details on products I used, click on any of the links below.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment