July Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop with a Sneak Peek


Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. If you arrived here via the hop, you are currently visiting Susan Edwards from the southeastern United States. I hope you enjoy my Sneak Peak of the *new* Angels of Peace stamp set (available August 3 from my online store). 


As I stated above, I am using a new stamp set, Angels of Peace, for today's project. Since the theme of this month's IIBH is SPARKLE, I took a slightly different approach to today's card. I started with VersaMark Ink and applied Stampin' Up! Gold Embossing powder to the stamped image. After heat embossing, I used a water painter brush and ink to watercolor my stamped image. 


When I finished water coloring the image, I added Wink of Stella to the angel's wings and dress, and a touch or two to her hair. I cut the stamped image out with layered dies that until this very moment I did not realized were no longer available! How embarrassing! I usually do a much better job of tracking my out-of-date products.


I used designer series paper from two different paper sets, the gold stripe is from Expressions in Ink while the plaid is from Peaceful Prints, a *new* set of paper available with our SECOND SALE-A-BRATION catalog, also available August 3rd. I also used some strips of gold foil specialty paper.


I finished the card with new ribbon, gold twine, new sequins, and gold ephemera.

Thank you for hopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my Angel of Peace card and that you are inspired to try something new with your stamps and inks! 















Product List

8 comments: