Color Brushed Butterfly Blog Hop



Hello friends, today I am participating in a blog hop hosted by Kylie's Stampin' Up! training program, featuring the Butterfly Bouquet bundle. I have a confession.... Shhhhh.... I am not a butterfly fan, but I LOVE THIS BUNDLE! I have had so much fun trying new techniques and new layouts featuring these beautiful butterflies. I also love the pretty pops of spring that I can add to the butterflies. 

To create this card I started with a piece of white cardstock. I used our A-MAZ-ING blending brushes and applied five colors of ink onto the paper in a random pattern. I blended the edges of the inks together, creating a multi-splotched piece of cardstock. I used the individual detailed butterfly dies, placing them on the paper, and cut out my colorful butterflies.

I wanted to use vellum behind the detailed butterflies, but I was all out, except for one little circle (and yes, I did use that). I also wanted to use a Stampin' UP! product. So... I opened my Paper Pumpkin kit box and used the aqua tissue paper and the butterfly outline die to cut the solid backs for my butterflies. They are not quite as transparent as I had hoped, but I was quite happy with them.


The Butterfly Brilliance Bundle is pictured below. It includes a large stamp, which stamps all of the butterflies at once and two sets of dies. The first set of dies is a detailed cut of each butterfly (like my colored butterflies in my project). The second die included is a large outline die that cuts the outline of the stamped butterflies all at once. So you can stamp once and cut once, to create six butterflies (I did this with the tissue paper)! 


For my base card I used Bermuda Bay cardstock. I used Coastal Cabana ink and stamped the large butterfly stamp onto Coastal Cabana cardstock to create the tone on tone background. This was affixed to a black matting and attached to the card front. I used stampin' dimensional dots to affix the butterflies to the card front.

Remember that circle of vellum I found? I used that to create an understated sentiment circle. I used a sentiment from the Blooming Blossoms stamp set. 

I finished the card with black gems and black ribbon. I thought the black created a nice grounding element with all of the color. 



It is Maundy here in the US, and also the day I will be receiving my second "Dr. Fouci Ouchie" - the second shot of my Covid vaccine. I am hoping that by next month I might be able to hold classes in person again!! Yay. I wish you all a blessed Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card Susan! What a great idea to use your paper pumpkin tissue in place of the vellum too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love these colours and the addition of black. Your photography is amazing, how do you get such great close ups 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colours! Thank you Susan for taking part in our Butterfly Bouquet Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the Coastal Cabaña!😊

    ReplyDelete