Monday, September 11, 2017

Thankful 4 Friends


Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge. My super sweet Design Team sister, Caroline, selected this week's challenge theme - Autumn Leaves.  

I have to admit, I have enjoyed the cooler temperatures of the previous days as our weather continues to adjusts to the edge of hurricane Irma. We caught a major break - sorry Florida and Georgia - as Irma's path changed over the last few days. Our situation became much less dire, just more of an annoyance.  Today is rainy and windy, but nothing like the 60-70 mph winds and 10 inches of rain we were expecting. But as I was saying, the cool weather has been delightful (think coffee outside in the mornings wearing a warm robe). In fact, I find myself anticipating true fall, or rather, reminiscent of fall weather of my youth. South Carolina does not offer the same type of fall as Michigan. 

In addition to the Irma induced weather change, I am sure my fall mood has been effected by fall paper crafting. My project for today, Thankful 4 Friends, is all about fall. The card features the scarecrow cut from Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge. And those fabulous leaves? They are from Close To My Heart's new YOU ARE HERE cartridge. They are cut in mixed colors and highlighted with ink. The Thankful Friends, to which I added a 4, is from the Autumn Celebrations cartridge.  I find I use this cartridge an awful lot during the fall.


I finished by card with SVG pumpkins, Cricut cut pennants, dots, doodles, and natural colored twine.

Have you been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 Autumn Leaves Challenge? You must see my DT sisters' projects.  They are so talented. Also, I invite YOU to join our challenge this week.  Create your new Cricut cut project featuring fall leaves, then link to the original post at Bitten By the Bug 2.  



It is National Stamping Month and CTMH could not let National Stamping Month pass without a stamping special!  

The exclusive From the Heart card kit gives you all the materials you need for creating 12 interactive cards, including an E-size stamp set with heartfelt sentiments and stamps you can layer together for exquisitely artistic cards. Available only during September, this card kit is a must have that will help you create elevated artwork from the heart.
The From the Heart card kit can be yours for FREE when you become a Consultant in September or when you host a qualifying party.



The September Stamp of the Month is called Feel So Blessed!  This is a super fun and super versatile stamp set, perfect for fall cards, layouts, and projects!



2 comments:

Caroline said...

I always love a fall card with a scarecrow. Your scarecrow is very cute. The leaves are so stunning with the intricate cut. I love everything about this card!

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, that scarecrow is sooo cute and I love those leaves from You Are Here as well. Beautiful papers and attention to details as always! You always inspire!