Monday, July 31, 2017

Lots of Flowers Post


Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge blog post.  My sweet Design Team sister, Marti, is hosting this week's challenge.  Marti asked us to use lots of flower accents on a project. Given that I STILL love the CTMH Flower Market cartridge, that was no problem!

I made this fun center step card using six Cricut cartridges.  I confess, I could have used fewer, but in adding the details on the card, I used several additional cartridges.



The main image is from the Suburbia cartridge and she is titled, "Diane in swimsuit with hat."  Until the release of Design Space v3, I had no idea she had a name!  Anyway, Diane, with her swimsuit and hat, are sitting on a blanket in my beach scene.  Surrounded by beautiful flowers and palm branches from the CTMH Flower Market cartridge, Diane has a lovely sunbeam behind her.  The sunbeam was cut from CTMH Artbooking cartridge.  Finally Diane also has flip flops, from CM Traveler, and sunglasses, from Forever Young.  Oh, and let's not forget Diane's tropical drink from Life's A Beach (I hope that pineapple shaped drink was not as expensive as the carved coconut monkey-head drinks on a cruise ship).

I love the colors and the great background paper used on this card.  It is such a work of art I may not be able to part with it!  Ha


You owe it to yourself to head over to the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the Design Team's flower projects.  


HOT NEWS ALERT:

Tomorrow is the first day of the new year for Close To My Heart. Tomorrow you can visit my online store and view the new Expressions Annual Catalog and Idea Book, as well as see the new products on the website!!

And YES, there is a new Cricut Cartridge.  It is called You Are Here, with a lot of travel and activity cuts.  I have been busy for the last week and a half making lots of preview projects using the new cartridge and some of the new papers.  I will do a much more in depth post about Close To My Heart tomorrow - including specials, deals, links, etc.  AND I will select one of my 12 new projects to post.


To get you ready, I am sharing teaser photos from several of my new You Are Here projects.






















See you tomorrow.....

4 comments:

Nicole Robinson said...

I love this card! Adorable!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!
Love all the details
Diane has never looked better!
mari maci

Caroline said...

Oh, I just love this stylin' bathing beauty. She looks so relaxed with the sunshine and that beautiful bg paper. So many wonderful details!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card! And I love the beach layout in the previous post too.