Monday, July 10, 2017

Ice Cream Cone Stand


Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge. This week's challenge was chosen by one of our two new Design Team members, the very talented Janis! Janis has challenged us to create projects featuring the Sweets of Summer.  

Our Cuisinart Ice Cream maker has been getting quite a workout this summer.  I have made two batches of dreamy chocolate, a very large batch of the best fresh peach ice cream ever, Dole Whip (think Disney), and a sweet strawberry.  Doug, my mom, and I quite enjoying our homemade ice cream, which gave me the obvious Summer Sweet for the challenge.

I used five Cricut cartridges to create this card:The basic cart is from City People, with customization on the awning.  The scalloped circle cut is from Art Philosophy, though the word Cones was cut using MS Elegant Cake art. The Ice Cream banner is from MS Birthday Cakes and ice sickles I added to the card were cut using MS Seasonal Cakes. 

I assembled the card elements, finishing with white pen and baker's twine. The 6 x 6 inch card front was placed on an easel  card.  


Have you visited the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog yet this week?  The design team has created a wonderful selection of Summer Sweet projects.  I hope that you might join us this week and create your own summer sweets project.  We do love it when you play along.


CLOSE TO MY HEART JULY SPECIALS


Stampaganza 2017 - buy two stamp sets, get one free!


Let Stampaganza JULY 2017 begin! Buy any two My Acrylix® stamp sets at full retail price and get a third stamp set of equal or lesser value FREE! Choose from any current stamp set, plus a collection of popular sets that we have brought back just forStampaganza!
When you add three sets to your order, we will automatically make the least expensive set FREE in your shopping cart. Check your cart at any time to see how many free sets you have!  Click here for more info.

July Stamp of the Month - Storybook Alphabet


Spend $50 and get this Stamp of the Month set for just $5 in checkout.  Or your may order the stamp set as a stand alone item at full price for $17.95



This stamp set is perfect for Scrapbook layouts and card.  I love using fun fonts on my layouts!!

2 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

So sweet.

Caroline said...

Oooh, I love this card! The ice cream cart really pops out of the card. It makes me feel cooler just to look at it. This card reminds me of one of my grand daughters birthday presents. She got this huge ice cream truck with all kinds of ice cream treats in it. Of course, all these little pieces are all over the house. This is just the most fun card!