Monday, June 5, 2017

Summer Beach Fun


Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge. My super sweet Design Team sister, Michelle, is hosting this week's challenge - a Summer Theme.  Michelle has challenged us to create anything that represents summer.

My card this week is all about relaxation and enjoying the summer!  Here in SC we are blessed with amazingly beautiful beaches and it would not be summer if we did not make at least one trip to dip our toes in the sand and sea.  With that in mind, I designed this sweet summer themed card.


I used four Cricut cartridges, a font from my computer, and an SVG file to create this card.  The main card was designed using Anna's Lace Cards and Embellishments.  I removed the lace attachments at the bottom of Anna's card design and I welded the base pieces of the seashells from the Mermaid Party cartridge to the base card.

The background on my card is an SVG lace piece, cut with my Cricut.  The paper strips were cut using the Bits and Pieces cartridge.  


The bicycle and the flowers I added to the handlebar basket were cut using the Flower Market cartridge.

I used the Be Mine font and had the Cricut Explore 2 write the sentiment, Relax and enjoy the summer.


I love the layered shells and the colors of this card.  I hope that you like it too.

Have you been by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog yet?  Not only did the Design Team create a selection of awesome projects this week, but we are also introducing a new blog design!  So much newness - I hope you enjoy.




CLOSE TO MY HEART



This month we have a great special for scrapbookers - buy one of our Legacy Albums and add another to your cart during checkout for half price!!  Stock up now for all of those finished pages.


Our stamp of the month, Hello Foxy, is a darling set you will enjoy so much!!  The stamp set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order, you can add it to your cart during checkout for only $5.00!







4 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

This is so pretty! ~Janis, BBTB2 DT Sister

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!!

Caroline said...

I love, love this card! The lacey label is so pretty. I love how you made a seashell border, the pretty colors and the bicycle. I agree, the beach is amazing and it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

Scrapping Girl said...

First off, Love the new blog design! Second-love your card. The color combo, sweet seashells and bicycle are lovely together. I wish we lived near a beach....the downside of living in the Midwest, I suppose. We are renovating our pool, so there has been NO water in my summer so far! Hope you are having a lovely week!
:)
Michelle