Monday, June 26, 2017

Fireflies in a Jar



Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge, Summer Nights. Our sweet and talented Design Team sister Laura selected this fun challenge. Laura told us to use anything we associate with summer nights - camping, fire pits, fireflies, etc.  After using the search feature in Design Space, I chose to use this firefly embellished jar.

The jar is from the Summer Love cartridge.  I really liked the idea of the jar, but I wanted it to be more decorative than just the firefly cutouts. I copied the jar and removed the cut outs using the Contours feature.  I then copied the plain jar and using the Weld feature, I created the yellow base card.  

Using Cricut drawing elements from Everyday Planner Pieces and Photo Fun cartridges, I embellished the front of the jar. I chose three different colors of Cricut pens to do the drawing, silver, gold, and turquoise.  I colored in the flowers and dots with a metallic purple. I finished the front of the jar with some yellow/gold sequins. 

I  added the written sentiment to the inside of the card using the Be Mine writing font.


Using Basic Shapes, I created a matching envelope.  I used the Slice feature in Design Studio and cut out the fireflies and dots in yellow.  I attached those to the envelope.

The final element on the card is the jar lid.  I used hand drawing and Cricut drawing to embellish the lid.


Again this week my Design Team sister Laurie and I used the same cut. And again this week Laurie did it better!!  If you have not been by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog, you need to go take a look. The team has made really cute projects and I fear I am this week's Weakest Link!  But when in such good company, I am fine with that!!

CLOSE TO MY HEART

Remember that this is the final few days of our amazing CARDSTOCK CARNIVAL SALE.  All of our Cardstock Packs are 25% off through this Friday.



Hello friends!  I have a new sale to announce:  Cardstock Carnival!!! Now through June 30th all Close To My Heart cardstock packs are 25% off!! Now is the time to stock up on your cardstock solids!!

Choose from among these great cardstock options:
  • Combination packs that include 20 sheets, 2 each of 10 colors, example:


  • Single-colored packs that include 24 sheets, examples (plus so many additional colors):



  • Coordinating cardstock packs that include 12 sheets, 3 each of 4 colors that coordinate with our themed paper packs, example:


You can never have too much paper, so now is the perfect time to enjoy great saving on this staple!



WHILE SUPPLIES LAST ONLY

Remember to check out our Monthly Specials while you are shopping!!  



This month we have a great special for scrapbookers - buy one of our Legacy Albums and add another to your cart during checkout for half price!!  Stock up now for all of those finished pages.


Our stamp of the month, Hello Foxy, is a darling set you will enjoy so much!!  The stamp set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order, you can add it to your cart during checkout for only $5.00 at my online store!!



4 comments:

Caroline said...

You are definitely not the weakest link! Your projects always amaze and inspire me. I love how you always customize your projects and make them so special. I love the lightening bugs on the jar and envelope. This set is really stunning!

Janis Lewis said...

Really cute!

Laura Pizz said...

Just like your sentiment, so pretty!

moknowsall said...

beautiful card - it just glows! (hahaha) - love the accents and ink embellishments - I wish we had fireflies here in CA - so fun to watch the glow.