Monday, June 12, 2017

Father's Day Time


Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge. As next Sunday, June 18th, is Father's Day, I am hosting a Father's Day Cricut Cut challenge.  We want to help inspire all of your Father's Day crafting and the Design Team has created a nice variety of projects to do just that.  

While Cricut has quite a selection of Father's Day card designs, which are easily personalized, I decided to make my own design. I began with the pocket watch cut from the Old West cartridge.  I used three of the pocket watch cuts, welded together, to create this bi-fold card.  


I used a combination of cut pieces and Cricut draw elements to create the card. The front of the card is the face of the pocket watch.  I used the Cricut write feature to add the circle around the frame and to add the watch "brand" - BWTC (Busy with the Cricky) Productions.  The Roman numerals were cut using the Roman Numeral cartridge in Design Space.  I added the inset of gears to give a hint of the watch insides.

The gears (from the Paper Lace 2 Cartridge) were also add to the middle layer of the watch.  I considered gluing the front and middle layers together back to back, but instead I decided to stick with my original bi-fold design.


The back section of the card features the Best Father Ever layered cut from the Cricut card Daddy.  I like how the sentiment fits the pocket watch design. 



I made a matching envelope for the pocket watch card.  I used a basic envelope from Cricut and added a smaller version of the pocket watch to the corner of the envelope.  Overall I am very happy with the card and envelope set.  I hope that Doug likes it as well as I do.


Have you been by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog yet?  The Design Team created a selection of awesome projects this week, I hope you enjoy each of them.  I also hope that you will share your new Cricut created Father's Day projects with us by linking to the original post at Bitten by the Bug 2.



CLOSE TO MY HEART



This month we have a great special for scrapbookers - buy one of our Legacy Albums and add another to your cart during checkout for half price!!  Stock up now for all of those finished pages.


Our stamp of the month, Hello Foxy, is a darling set you will enjoy so much!!  The stamp set retails for $17.95, or with a $50 order, you can add it to your cart during checkout for only $5.00!


4 comments:

Lynn B. said...

This is an amazing card! You are so creative.

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous card!

Caroline said...

Oh, I love how you created this card! The watch shape card is just amazing with the gears, writing and the sentiment. This is just perfect for Father's Day!

moknowsall said...

that's a time-piece all right! Brilliant card. My father was in the wholesale watch business many years ago, he would have loved this card. Very special.