Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Father's Day Card 2


Hello friends! I am back today with a second Father's Day card to share. At Bitten by the Bug 2 this week we have a Father's Day Cricut Challenge going.  I thought I would continue the theme here on my blog as well.

This card was inspired by a card from the Father's Day cartridge, but of course (!!) being me I made edits to the original design.  I began by changing the tie and adding the vest.  The tie and vest are from the Billionaire cartridge.  I edited the cut to make the vest actually overlap to lose.  I used the original and pocket tab, but added a basic shape pocket handkerchief.  I used a herringbone print to cut the vest. 


The tie and kerchief was cut in a rich royal blue to add contrast to the design.  The buttons and pocket tab were cut in gold to represent brass buttons and details.



The Happy Father's Day sentiment was cut using the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cartridge.  There are so many great cuts on the cake cartridges!

I used basic white cardstock for the base card and a striped distressed cartstock for the shirt.  


Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oooh, I love this. Great choices on the papers!