Friday, May 26, 2017

Sew Happy It's Your Birthday Card


Hello friends.  Thank goodness it is Friday!  This has been a lo-o-o-ong week. So long, in fact, I am just now getting time to write this blog post, though this card has been finished since last Sunday.

First - Take note of the text at the top of my blog!  Cricut is having a Memorial Day Sale - and it is a good sale!!  Also, the Cricut Totes are still on sale.  Click the link and enjoy shopping!

Now that we have completed that bit of business, I can tell you the story behind this sewing card.  My friends Regina Easter sells darling cut files, stamps, etc at her site - The Cuting Cafe.  I found this cute sewing machine card there and decided that it would be the perfect birthday card for my friend Bonnie.  


Ideally, this WOULD have been the perfect birthday card for Bonnie.  Except that I did not get the card made until WEEKS after her birthday.  I considered sending it to her anyway, but decided not to.  Instead I will make improvements and shoot for next year!

This card was very fun to make.  I decided to take this as an opportunity to play with my Cricut pens.  I added not just the vine and flowers to the card, but also the writing on the dials, gadgets, and sentiment statement.  I realized that I just touched the tip of the iceberg on what I can do with the Cricut Pens.

Following this card, I ordered more Cricut pens and am very excited to use those on an upcoming project.  

Thank you for stopping by for today's short blog post.  I will be back on Monday with a new Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge.




No comments: