Monday, May 29, 2017

My Mommy & Me - Best Friends


Hey there friends, welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut challenge project, my Best Friends My Mommy & Me card.  My very talented Design Team sister, Maureen, selected this week's challenge - Friends Forever.  

I made this My Mommy & Me card for my daughter, from my granddaughter, for Mother's Day.  Avaleigh loved the card - and tracing her hand and writing her name (with help) inside the card - and she loved that it was her mommy and her being best friends!  Bethany has a thing for elephants so the card, other than being made by her mom for her daughter to give to her, was special in that way too.  


I found the basic card in the Make it Now section of Design Space.  I added the various phrases to suit my project.  I also used some of the negative cut branches and added those to the top of the elephants so that my card is more embellished that the original.  

Cartridges used were:

Elephant Card - Crazy Cute Cards Cartridge
Best Friends - A Child's Year Cartridge
My Mommy - Florals Embellished Cartridge
& Me (edited from You & Me) - CM Cheerful Seasons Cartridge
Happy Mother's Day -  Cake Basics Cartridge



I really liked this sweet card and I was so happy that both Avaleigh and her mommy loved it!  

The Bitten By The Bug 2 Design Team did a great job with this week's challenge theme - Friends Forever.  Their projects reflect so many aspects of friendship.

I would like to invite you to join us this week at Bitten By the Bug 2 and share you Friends Forever project(s) with us.  We do love it when you join in the fun!

Remember that TODAY (Monday) is the final day of Cricut's Memorial Day Sale.  Click the link at the top of the page for more details.

5 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

This is beautiful. Love how it opens.
~Janis (BBTB2 DT sister)

Scrapping Girl said...

Awwww...so sweet and adorable! I bet your daughter LOVED it!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

love how you put a personal touch on the make it now card. Priceless. Love it!

Glenda Joy said...

What great visual contrast, it's stunning!

Dorlene Durham said...

LOVE this card! I too love elephants so it's easy to love but your card is so special. Love it! Dorlene