Monday, May 22, 2017

Birthday Gift Card Purse


Hello friends.  Welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut challenge post. Each week the Bitten By the Bug 2 Design Team hosts a challenge for Cricut users.  This week marvelous Marti selected the theme "birthday" for this challenge.  

My most cartridge purchase was through HSN - the new Anna Griffin Gracious Giftables cartridge.  I used the cartridge last week for the graduation challenge, and I am using another giftable item this week - Anna's Coin Purse Holder.   This is such a fun cartridge. 


I used three cartridges to create this card:  as mentioned above Anna's Gracious Giftables, Anna's Elegant Embellishments, and Artiste. 

For the most part I made the Coin Purse Holder as it appears on the cartridge.  I did, however, make one change (admit it, you knew it was coming).  I didn't like that the card opened fully, as a regular card would, so I made two insert pieces for the edges at the fold.  

Using two triangles, with rectangles welded to edges and score lines added, I created the folded inserts.  Not only do they make the coin purse look more real, they also serve the purpose of keeping the card from flopping open.  


Below is a side view of the insert.


The outside of the coin purse is embellished with roses from Anna's Elegant Embellishments. I added two additional layers to the roses - a yellow center and a green leaf layer.  

The happy birthday phrase was added from Close To My Heart's Artiste cartridge, matted on layered frames from Anna's Gracious Giftables cartridge.

I finished the card with gray (faux silver) closures and white ink embellishment dots.



I hope that you will join us this week at BBTB2.  Everyone needs birthday cards and this week's challenge will help you prepare for any upcoming birthdays on your calendar.  The Design Team has created a wonderful selection of projects to inspire you!!  Please do go by Bitten By the Bug 2 and check out this the team's birthday projects.

OTHER NEWS:

Right now all of the Cricut bags and totes are on sale. 




I picked up the Rolling Craft Tote and Machine Tote Tweed Bundle. The bundle is normally $329.98.  However, right now it the bundle is on sale for $229.99!!  And - are you a Cricut Access member?  You will receive an additional 10% off with your membership.  Do you have a friend with a 15% code?  I do.  I used the code JOY for an additional 15% off with free shipping for a total of $175.74!!! 



Have you taken advantage of our May Special at Close To My Heart?  We have an amazing National Scrapbooking Month Special! 


Because you Live Beautifully, this National Scrapbooking Month is the perfect time to celebrate you beautiful life with these exclusive products, which will be available through May 31 while supplies last.


1. Live Beautifully Paper Packet

Item Number: CC1212B $14.95
16 – 12" × 12” sheets (2 each of 6 double-sided designs and 2 each of 2 single-sided gold foil designs)
Featured colors: Black, Dark Green, Dark Pink, Grey, Pink, Sea Glass, White Daisy, Yellow



2. Cut Above® Layout Kit— Live Beautifully

Item Number: CC1212A $44.95
Materials to make five coordinating 2-page layouts, including die-cuts, stickers, photo placeholders, and instructions. Includes six 12" x 12" Memory Protectors™.


3. Live Beautifully Stamp Set

Item Number: CC1212C $17.95


4. Live Beautifully Post-bound Album Bundle (Grey Album)

Item Number: CC1224 $68.95
Includes the following:
1 – Cut Above™ Live Beautifully layout kit (materials to make five 2-page layouts and six 12" x 12" Memory Protectors™)
1 – Grey My Legacy™ post-bound album
1 – Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ journaling pen
1 – Tombow® permanent adhesive


5. Live, Laugh, Love—May Stamp of the Month

Item Number: S1705
Retail price 17.95 OR $5.00 at checkout with a $50 CTMH Order


4 comments:

Laura Pizz said...

Your talent always amazes me - beautiful project! ~Laura

pezadoodle said...

LOVE this! You are so good in Design Space! And you have given me a great new idea for future projects!

Caroline said...

Ohhh, this is so gorgeous! These flowers are so beautiful and I love how you made the yellow center. Great idea with adding the V-fold to make it more like a purse!

moknowsall said...

this is one of my favorite cards on the blog this year! Just love it. So pretty.