Monday, April 17, 2017

Sweet Challenge


Hello friends. Welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge.  Our sweet and so very talented Design Team sister, Valentyna, chose the theme for this challenge - SWEET.  

I had these photos from last summer - Avaleigh's first trip to the ice cream parlor.  It was such a sweet moment and these photos captured some of that sweetness.  And too, there is the sweet ice cream!

I used two cartridges to create this layout - Country Life and Simply Charmed.  My page title was cut using the Country Life cartridge.  I took the existing "Cream of the Crop" title from Country Life and, using basic shapes, I built the background for the work "Ice." I accomplished this by adding small shapes together to fit behind the letters.  Once I was happy with the background for the word Ice, I welded that to the existing background.  I then cut the blue layer "Cream Crop" twice.  Using small scissors, I trimmed away a C and an E for the word ice.  I then trimmed one side of M to create the i.  That changed the title from "Cream of the Crop" to "Ice Cream of the Crop,"  more fitting for this layout.


Those adorable ice cream cones were cut using the Simply Charmed cartridge.  I know you may be shocked, but I actually did not edit the cut file at all (other than colors) prior to cutting!  I did, however, add pen highlights and glitter to the cones after assembling the pieces (see the photo above).

All in all, I think this is a very sweet layout of my favorite little girl and her ice cream.  I love the sweet snuggle photo with Avaleigh and her great-granny, my mom.  



We hope that you plan to join the SWEET challenge this week at Bitten By The Bug 2.  There are so many options for things that are sweet, this challenge should be super easy.

If you have not already done so, please go by the BBTB2 blog and check out Valentyna's and all of the other design team projects.  They are sure to inspire you!

5 comments:

Lynn B. said...

This is so adorable and looks like such fun. What a wonderful memory!

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable!!

Caroline said...

This is definitely a sweet layout. I love the pictures, esp the one with your Mom. Avaleigh is sure a cutie! Fabulous idea to alter the title and the ice cream cones look good enough to eat!

Jennifer Earley said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a sweet lo! Love the photos, she is just too cute! Great Cricut work and colors!

moknowsall said...

What kid, big or small, doesn't love ice cream? Capturing just everyday moment can be fun!