Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Easter Basket Tag for Jude


Hello friends.  I am back today with Jude's Easter Basket tag.  Jude's tag is very similar to Avaleigh's tag, though considerably less feminine.  Jude's tag uses three main colors - aqua, yellow, and white (Jude's name is embroidered on his bag in aqua). I used four Cricut cartridges to create Jude's tag, fewer than I used for his sister's.


The base tag was cut using Ashlyn's Alphabet, a basic three piece tag.  Like Avaleigh's tag, the flowers, greenery, and the cute little chick were cut using Flower Market.  Though of course I used fewer flowers on this tag and changed to colors of the flowers to aqua and white.  The Easter eggs were cut using the Easter Magic cartridge.  I edited the colors to make the eggs better blend with the colors of tag.  For the banner, I again used the Winter Wonderland cartridge, but I chose this great striped paper for the banner, hole support, and a touch of accent on the background.  I think the stripe looks great with all of the solids.  I used the add text feature in Design Space and the Cricut wrote the sentiment on to the banner.


The close up above shows how extra color was applied to the background layers to add more interest.  You can also see the chick, egg, and banners better.  You also can better see the ink dots I added to to various cuts.


Here is a final photo of the two Easter tags side by side.  I am really pleased with how the tags turned out. I realize as the children get older I will be making tags that are more in line with their interests.  But for this year, they are getting "pretty tags".  

Thank you for stopping by for the second day of Easter Tags! 

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Love these pretty Easter tags with all those great looking Cricut images! Colors and papers are great too! Thanks for your visit!

Happy Easter!
Glenda

Caroline said...

The tags are GORGEOUS! I love all the details, chickies, flowers eggs! These are definitely keepsakes!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!!!