Monday, March 27, 2017

Happy Easter Banner Card


Hello friends. Today I am posting my first Easter Card of 2017 which is my Bitten By the Bug 2 project for this week.  My sweet and amazing Design Team sister, Michelle, selected this week's Cricut Challenge.  Michelle asked us to use a Cricut cut Banner or Sign on our project.

I was browsing the "make it now" Easter projects in Cricut Design Space and found a simplified version of this card. I thought it was darling. And since it has a banner included, I thought this card would work for this week's challenge.

In Design Space the card is cut in one color, one single piece which is scored in the middle to fold.  I liked the card, but thought if I "tweaked" the design it might be more mine.

The first thing I did was remove the score line in DS.  I then sized a square to fit over the bottom section of the card.  I highlighted the card and the square at the same time and used the "Slice" tool to cut off the bottom section of the card.  I was left with the framed front of the card only.

I made three additional copies of the frame and changed the colors to pink, light blue, yellow, and light teal.  After cutting the four frames, I used scissors to cut apart the elements on the pink, yellow, and teal copies.  I used the blue layer as bottom piece.  I then layered and glued the pieces together.

After the card front dried, I attached a pink print background behind the chicks and banner, then attached the entire front to a white card.  I finished the card with gold marker beaks and white pen doodles.


If you have not already done so, please do go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog.  The design team had created awesome banner and sign projects. You will love them.  They just might inspire you to join our challenge this week!


March Specials @ CLOSE TO MY HEART - ONLY THRU FRIDAY



During the Month of March Save 25% on all Thin Cuts and Thin Cuts with stamp sets! Thin Cuts give you a fast and easy way to cut all kinds of shapes for your crafting, and this month they are all available at 25%-off! Choose from titles, sentiments, and a wide variety of shapes to stamp on, so you can get precise, dimensional shapes in no time! The dies (and stamps) are pictured below with links to each set. If, like me, you are a thin cut lover, this monthly special is for you.


While you are shopping for your favorite Thin Cut sets, remember to snag this adorable March Stamp of the Month set.  It is perfect for Mother's Day, birthday, or encouragement cards.  This versatile stamp set can be your for $17.95, or with a $50.00 order, you can add the stamp set during check out for only $5.00!!





3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!

Caroline said...

Oh, this card is just adorable. I love the colors, also! Nice design!

Scrapping Girl said...

You always put the special touch on your projects that make them unique and special! This is so pretty for Easter! I'm having fun playing with the some kinda wonderful paper...such bright fun papers!
:)
Michelle