Monday, February 6, 2017

Second Grade Valentine Treats




Hello friends, welcome to my second St. Valentine project of the year.  My super sweet Design Team sister, Kelly, is back from her leave of absence at Bitten By the Bug 2 (yay! We missed her so much) and is hosting our weekly Cricut challenge.  Kelly has asked us to make a Valentine project - whether it be a card, a tag, a layout, or a 3D project.  I chose these decorated St. Valentine tubes, which will be filled with Valentine colored M&Ms, a project I am making for my daughter's second grade students.

I used three Cricut cartridges on this project: Mickey and Friends Love at First Sight (I do love these characters), Doodlecharms, and Ribbons and Rosettes.  I chose the individual Mickey and Minnie holding hearts as my main characters.  Using the add text feature, I added the "I❤U" sentiment into their Valentine hearts.  I also cut tiny red hearts to cover the drawn heart. 

I found the double layer heart charm on the Doodlecharms cartridge.  I separated the layers and added a drawn heart to the top layer heart.  After affixing Mickey and Minnie to the heart charms, I added the backwards C and hand drew the ink lines.

The band at the bottom of the tube was cut using a single layer heart border from the Ribbons & Rosettes cartridge.  I sized the border to wrap around the tube.

I ordered the tubes from one of my favorite on-line stores, A Cherry on Top. I actually ordered some round tubes also, but I could not find them today. As many of you know, my mother - who has advanced Alzheimer's disease - lives with us.  One of her favorite things to do lately is pick up things that do not belong to her and move them to her room.  She is especially fascinated with my scrapping supplies.  I suspect my round tubes are in her bedroom someplace.  They will turn up eventually - last week I ran across the large bottle of red Stickles on a shelf in her room.

  
Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  If you have not already done so, please go by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the Valentine eye candy the Design Team has created.  And please do consider joining us in our weekly challenge.



A Close To My Heart Consultant opportunity awaits YOU!


If you’ve ever considered signing up as a Close To My Heart Consultant, now is a great time to finally do it! When you join my team in the month of February, you will get the following:
  • ·        New Consultant Kit full of products valued over $200 for only $75
  • ·        $50 in Select Product Credit
  • ·        22% commission on additional product purchases and sales
  • ·        Flexibility to earn extra income while working your own hours

Plus, as a BONUS, if you sign up in February 2017, you will also receive the February, March, and April Stamp of the Month sets FREE—an additional $53.85 in retail value!


Also this month is THE CUTEST Stamp of the Month stamp set EV-ER! Honestly this Easter Bunny stamp set is darling - and it can be yours for only $5 with a $50.00 order.  The stamp set retails for $17.95 and may also be ordered as a stand alone item.


The Easter Bunny stamp set works equally well for card making and for scrapbooking!  I love using stamps on my scrap pages!  


4 comments:

Carl & Kelly Plamondon said...

Thank you Susan!! I'm so happy to be back.
Your project is ADORABLE!!! I have a couple packs of these tubes. Guess what I'm doing today, lol!??! My family is Disney crazy and they are going to go nuts when I give them these Valentines. Thank you for your inspiration!
BBTB2 DS - Kelly

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Ohhhh, Susan, I am ready to return to second grade :) Great treat tubes, totally awesomeю

snappy scrappy said...

So sweet!! LOVE them!!

Caroline said...

I agree with Valentyna, I wish I was in your daughter's class, so I could get on of these. I love Mickey and Minnie and the charm hearts. Total cuteness!!