Monday, February 27, 2017

A Lighter Shade of .... Green


Hello friends. Today I am returning from a brief blogging break; truthfully, an unplanned blogging break.  As you know from my previous blog post, Doug and I celebrated St. Valentine's Day early, disrupting my schedule enough to prevent me from finishing my Bitten By the Bug 2 project.

Last Monday I missed a second week at Bitten By the Bug 2 due to a weekend away with friends and an unexpected tummy thing.... Which lingered for several days.   I am truly hoping that I did not share my germs with friends.

My weekend away began Friday with the Scrap Art and Stamp Show in Columbia, SC.  Six of us enjoyed the Friday night Make and Take show preview.  Four of us decided to return on Saturday and do additional shopping, while the other two of us went to the sewing shop (that was a tough choice).  I especially enjoyed Paper Sweeties, Darcie's, and Heartfelt Creations.  I look forward to spending time with my new toys soon.

So now that I have caught you up, I will share the details on today's Bitten By the Bug 2 project.  My amazing sweet Design Team sister, Emily is hosting this week's challenge.  Emily asked us to think Think Green!  We were to use three shades of green on a project.  I must say, the Design Team did a fabulous job with this challenge.  I love their cards.  I took a different route, however. 


This Wednesday is Ash Wednesday, so that mean Marti Gras is Tuesday. The first year that we were married, Doug and I lived just outside of New Orleans.  For this young newly wed from Michigan it seemed like a different culture - and in someways it was!  But it was fun and educational.  I learned to enjoy Marti Gras as something other than Fat Tuesday and a pancake supper.  So for my Think Green BBTB2 project, I made a Marti Gras mask, incorporating the greens, gold, and purple of Mardi Gras.  

I found the basic mask with the scroll work (in black) on the Over The Hill cartridge.  I changed the colors to green and purple.  I then used the fabulous feathers from Creative Memories' Divine Wedding cartridge, cut in shades of green, and the gold.  I added the gold diamond to the mask, and the leaf flourish cuts on the upper corners, as well as the ribbons and wand. I used iridescent sequins to embellish the mask.  I also misted the mask to mold it into the curved shape.   

If you have not already d one so, please do go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and view my Design Sisters' fabulous projects.  They rocked the green. I could actually give them shout outs by name right here as their projects are that cute.  But I will just encourage you to go look for yourself.

I would like to share one more quick thing with you - the absolutely darling Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month, Easter Bunny.  


This stamp set is only available until midnight Tuesday.   You can purchase this stamp set, Easter Bunny, at my on-line CTMH store for $17.95, or with a $50 order you can add it to your cart during checkout for $5.00.  Do not delay.  This stamp set is darling.  Shop HERE.



If you have made it this far, you deserve an award.  Clearly I cannot take a week off again soon as I am far to chatty upon my return! Thank you for dropping by and I hope you have a fabulous week.

           

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Scrapping Girl said...

What a cool reminder of your time in New Orleans! It's very striking! Glad you are feeling better. I will email sometime this week, as I need to replenish a couple of paper colors.
:)
Michelle

Caroline said...

What a fun Marti Grass Mask! It is very elegant and sparkly! It sounds like you had some shopping fun!