Monday, January 16, 2017

Snow Fun with Hello Kitty


Hello friends!  Are you ready for a chilly Bitten by the Bug 2 Cricut challenge?  My amazing design team sister, Michelle, selected this week's challenge - Snow Much Fun!  Because I felt I had not used the new Hello Kitty Cartridge enough since purchasing it, I have been on a Hello Kitty roll lately.  I thought Kitty would be perfect for this snow fun layout, which I plan to use for my granddaughter, Avaleigh.


I used three Cricut cartridges to create this two page layout:  Hello Kitty Holiday, Art Philosophy, and Winter Wonderland.  I really like the Hello Kitty Holiday cartridge.  It has 25 images, and each one is adorable.  I chose the snow skiing Kitting and the ice skating Kitty.  I also used two adorable penguins and the fun dotted "evergreen" trees.

The snowflakes were all cut using Art Philosophy.  I used the layered cut and a single layer snowflake.

The phrase Snow Fun was cut using the Winter Woodland cartridge.  I also used basic shapes in Design Studio to create this layout. 


I had hoped to use my new laser layout tool, but I discovered as I opened it that it requires two 9 volt batteries.  Our battery draw was loaded with batteries, but not a sing 9 volt.  Ugh.  I am not sure that my photo mats are exactly straight on the layout.

I finished the layout with washi tape and silver sequins (to match the metallic silver snowflakes in the background paper).  I think Avaleigh's winter photos are going to look amazing on this layout. 


Have you been by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog this week?  My design team sisters have made some really cute Snow Fun projects to inspire you.  We also have a giveaway going this month.

Everyone who joins one of our challenges in January will have the chance to win a box of wonderful supplies generously donated by Cricut:  mats, more mats, two cartridges and a brand new scraper!  We will still have our regular project of the week winners - who receive a hardy congratulations - but all of the January participants will go into a random drawing for the Cricut prize box.  For more chances to win, plan to join our challenge every week in January!!


3 comments:

Caroline said...

I have been admiring the new Hello Kitty cartridge and now it will be even harder to resist. Avaleigh's photos will look awesome on this layout! Oh so Cute! Your layout looks absolutely awesome in every way!

Scrapping Girl said...

Can I just say LOVE? I love it!!!! I wish I had some girls because I love Hello Kitty, but just can't envision it for my mostly boy-themed photos....maybe I'll have a cute granddaughter like you someday, lol!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

Ohhhhh, I love Hello Kitty - those new images are perfect for some winter fun. Great colors too - Dotted trees --- oh my!