Monday, January 2, 2017

New Year New Day Planner


Hello friends!  I'm ba-ack!   I am going to confess that I enjoyed the first week of my Holiday blog-cation so much!  Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were delightful.  I especially loved time with our family members.  The second week of the two week blog-cation has not been nearly as much fun. I have the cold from Hades, or as my friend Marcie aptly named it, the death plague!  The congestion, coughing, fever, CONGESTION (!) are so bad that I wondered if I actually had the flu.  But no.  I have the dead of winter death plague upper respiratory icky thing.  And ironically I am not alone.  Two other Bitten By the Bug 2 team member are also dealing with this horrid plague!

So now let's move along to today's Bitten By the Bug 2 project. My dear Design Team sister Maureen came up with this week's challenge. Maureen asked us to create a New Year or Something New project as a way to kick off the new year.  I chose to create the January divider page for my day planner.



I am using my pink leather planner book again this year as I still really like it, it is still in perfect condition, and I am cheap!  I did purchase new 2017 filler pages and the Prima Doll stamps for my monthly/ weekly page decorations and to create my divider pages.  And while I like the Prima stamps, I felt that the divider pages needed jazzing up a bit.  

Last year I created printed divider pages featuring magazine cover photos of Audrey Hepburn.  And while I loved those dividers, I wanted something more hand made this year.

I used four Cricut cartridges to cut the elements for my divider page:  Snow Day, Days & Dates, Paper Trimmings, and Phrases.  Clearly the children playing in the snow and the snowman were cut using Snow Day.  The original 2017 date cut was from Days & Dates, however I did edit the cut to fit the them of my page (I removed the center of the zero and cut out a snowflake shape instead). The Happy New Year layered phase was cut using the Phrases cartridge.  And finally, the snowflakes were cut using Paper Trimmings. 

I really like the overall effect of the divider page and I look forward to sharing eleven more pages with you throughout the year.  I had hoped to show you how I use the mini stamps for organizing the monthly two page view, but the death plague caused that to be less of a priority!  Ha.


Have you been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog yet today?  You are going to love the NEW projects the Design Team has created to inspire you.  Plus, you are going to want to read about a special Cricut sponsored giveaway we have for one lucky participant from our month of January link ups.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow to tell you all about something fun going on at Close To My Heart this month also.  If you cannot wait, take a peek HERE.





2 comments:

Caroline said...

I really love your page. This makes your planner so fun and special. The images go so well together and I especially love the prima doll. I don't have any of these stamps, but I sure do admire them. Happy New Year!

Glenda said...

Beautiful page! Love all those cute Cricut cuts and the Prima Doll.
Thank you for visiting my blog and for the recognition on my ornament card!Hope that you are feeling much better!

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
Glenda