Monday, January 30, 2017

Mickey & Minnie St. Valentine Card


Hello friends, welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut challenge, and my first St. Valentine's Day card of the year.  My sweet and talented Design Team sister, Maureen is hosting this challenge, Valentine or Love - Anything Goes

As I said above, this is my first Valentine card of the "season".  My darling little Avaleigh LOVES Mickey and Minnie.  One of her favorite TV shows is The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Even GranDoug can sing the opening song! I know that Avaleigh is going to be so excited when she sees her St. Valentine card.  I can hardly wait to give it to her!

When I saw the new Mickey Mouse Love at First Sight Cricut cartridge, I knew I just had use it to make Avaleigh and Jude's cards.  Best of all, the cards I made, this one and one other, are in the "make it now" section of Cricut Design Space.

I saved the project with the "Customize" button, and made a few edits to the card.  Mostly I just changed a few colors and resized an element or two. Otherwise I thought this card was just perfect as it was designed.

There are a few layers to cut, but the Explore cut the pieces so nicely that everything went together very easily.   I finished the card with a few pen dots and some Stickles accents on Minnie.



This is the final week that you can enter our giveaway at BBTB2.  Anyone who enters one of our January challenges goes into a random drawing to win a box of Cricut goodies provided to us by Cricut.


Get your Valentines or Love projects going and please do join us this week. We will be announcing the Cricut giveaway prize winner next Monday.  So head on over to the Bitten By the But 2 blog and check out the Valentine/Love projects that the Design Team made to inspire you.  Then get going on your own Valentine/Love projects!!

5 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Just was wondering about clear cuts!!! Such detailed image and looks perfect on the paper. Sure Avaleigh will love this lovely card :)

snappy scrappy said...

So darn adorable-LOVE!

moknowsall said...

A labor of love on your part, so many pieces! But worth it. The whole set of Disney on this cart is as good as going to Disneyland itself! Lovely job. My grandson loves Mickey too, and can sing the song and got a talking Mickey for his birthday. Turned out beautiful.

Caroline said...

This card is very cute. Gotta love Mickey and Minnie and I know Avaleigh will love this card! I saw these cute cards and wanted to try one of these, also.

Scrapping Girl said...

I so wish they were offering this as a physical cartridge-it looks amazing! It frustrates me greatly that it seems they are switching more to digital, leaving us basic bug owners behind. Love your adorable cart and I'm sure Avaleigh will LOVE it!!!!!
:)
Michelle