Monday, January 9, 2017

Hunk of Burnin' Love Valentine



Hello friends!  Have you been by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog yet today??? My Design Team sister Laurie is hosting the most awesome Cricut challenge ever this week!  In honor of Elvis' birthday, Laurie has challenged us to create an Elvis related project - something about Elvis or a project that represents an Elvis song title.  I made this Valentine - Hunk of Burnin' Love!!

Crazy as it seems, I used four Cricut cartridges to create this card:  Block Party, From My Kitchen, Wedding, and Life's A Party.  Hubby saw the card already and thought the flames were very cute!

There are two layers of hearts, both cut using the Wedding cartridge, the scallop rear heart and the regular hearts on top.  The regular hearts are welded at the top and open to reveal the inside of the card.  

The BBQ-ing man is from the Block Party cartridge, while his grill was cut using From My Kitchen.  The flames were cut using Life's A Party.  

I added the sentiment using the text element in Design Space and a pen in my Cricut Explore.   The card was finished with penned dashes and dots.  


I think Laurie's challenge is so fun.  I hope that you will join us this week at Bitten By the Bug 2 and create your own Elvis song inspired project!!  


We have a special giveaway going at Bitten By The Bug 2 during the month of January. In addition to our usual project of the week winners, this month EVERYONE who participates in our challenges will be eligible to go into the random winner drawing for a Cricut Sponsored giveaway.  Cricut has donated a box of Cricut supplies which includes mats, cartridges, etc.  that will go to one lucky January participant.  You must participate in our January challenges - one or all - to be entered for the giveaway.  The more often you join us the more chances you'll have in the random drawing.


Hop on over to Bitten By The Bug 2 for ideas to get you started on your Elvis project.  Then link up with us this week!!


3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!

Scrapping Girl said...

That is so ridiculously cute! This has been so fun seeing everyone's Elvis interpretations-they've all made me laugh and smile! Hope you are feeling much better this week!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

Oh my gosh - this card is sure to get the fire burning - and I don't mean the BBQ. Hot Hot Hot!!!