Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas and Hanukkah Cards


Hello friends!  Welcome to my Christmas and Hanukkah Cricut Challenge from Bitten By the Bug 2.  I am hosting this week's challenge and as we proceed into the holy weekend and the week beyond, I thought it would be appropriate if we used a Nativity or a Menorah on our projects this week.  I made two cards, one featuring each of our challenge cuts.  


My first card is this trifold shutter card featuring a wreath ringed Nativity.  I used four Cricut cartridges, in addition to basic shapes, Flower Market, Teresa Collins December 25, A Quilted Christmas, and Anna's Winter Wonderland.


I am going to attempt to break the card elements down for you - I used basic shapes to build the base card and blue cuts.  The Nativity was cut using Theresa Collins December 25. The holly spray in the top middle section of the card was cut uing Anna's Winter Wonderland.  The sheep were cut from A Quilted Christmas.  And everything else, the wreath and bow, snowflakes, poinsettias, and Merry Christmas sentiment, were cut from the Flower Market cartridge.

I finished the card by adding yellow gems to the poinsettias, small stars to the "sky", and gold sequins around the sentiment.


My Menorah card is for a friend who will be celebrating Hanukkah beginning December 24.  I used two Cricut cartridges to create this card, Family Album and Joys of the Season.  The Menorah is from Joys of the season, and the rest of the card cuts were selected from a scrapbook layout on the Family Album cartridge. 
 

I used traditional blues and gold for my card elements and added a few gold sequins. I had to laugh when I saw my Design Team sister - Lynn's card.  We used many of the same cuts arranged in a similar way.  I actually prefer her clean card to my busy one, but do not tell my scrapping friends that (they think I generally miss a couple of good stopping points when paper crafting).


Have you been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and viewed the beautiful projects the Design Team created for you this week?  They are so inspirational.  We love it when you join our weekly challenges, and especially this week.

The Bitten By the Bug 2 Design Team will be break next week so this challenge only will continue for two weeks.  You have until January 1st to enter this challenge.  

When BBTB2 returns on January 2, we will have a special announcement for the new year.




2 comments:

Caroline said...

I love both of your cards. You can see the hard work that is involved. Your style is beautiful and uniquely yours. I love to see everyone's style. You used a lot of different cuts and they came together so nicely.

moknowsall said...

Very festive cards. Glad you shared both. Merry Christmas, always fun with young ones around.