Monday, November 14, 2016

Give Thanks Sunflower Card


 Hello friends! Welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge post.  This week's challenge was selected by our very talented and very sweet Michelle.  Michelle selected an open theme Thanksgiving project. Use your Cricut to create any type of Thanksgiving project you would like to make.  

I had fun with this challenge!  I chose to use a center step card, which I created using basic shapes, cut lines, and score lines in Design Space.  I also had a very specific color palette in mind before starting the project: yellow, aqua, teal and cream, with a touch of brown.  I know these are not traditional Thanksgiving colors, but they do seem to reflect fall.



Unlike a lot of my projects, this card was created using only the Close To My Heart Flower Market Cricut cartridge and Cricut basic shapes.  I have a tendency to mix a lot of cuts from different cartridges to make my projects. The Flower Market cartridge is helping me over come that habit.  

I love the sunflowers on the Flower Market cartridge and I love mixing the different types of foliage cuts together with the flowers.  I also like cutting some of my foliage in non-traditional colors, like the teal leaves.  


After adding the Give Thanks sentiment to the card, I added a sparse scattering of teal gems to the foliage.  I did not feel a need to use pen doodles or more gems.  With the busy background paper and the colorful flowers and "greenery", I felt that no further embellishment was necessary. 

I have to tell you that our Bitten By the Bug 2 ladies created some fabulous Thanksgiving projects this week.  I may have to scraplift one or two of their ideas!  I hope you find some time this week to join our Thanksgiving challenge.  I would love to see projects.
  

So, not it is time to talk about Close To My Heart. Have you purchased the Flower Market Cricut cartridge yet?  It is the perfect cartridge for card making and beautiful scrapbooking.  And I am truly enjoying using FM to create my Christmas cards!




Did you see the November specials yet?  You will really like the Happy, Happy Christmas Album Bundle.  Not only do you get a fabulous full sized album, you also will receive all of the materials needed (and instructions!) for creating 10 12x12 pages.  With some additional products, you can also complete four bonus projects!!  

There are two album kits from which to choose.  The supplies are the same in the kits, only the album types vary.  You have a choice of either a POST BOUND ALBUM or a D-RING BOUND ALBUM.  



The kits come with a downloadable guide which provides full instructions (with photos) to help you create the 10 pages - sample below.


But wait - there's more!!!  Our 2017 Planner are Here!  They contain all of the supplies you will need to stay organized and creative in 2017.


There are two design choices - Seaglass solid or Black and white stripes. Both kits include monthly and weekly calendars, designs you can color, pages for notes, a clear pencil bag, and three gold paperclips.  AND... the freedom to create your own personalized 2017 planner!!

Finally - the November Stamp of the Month - New Year's Cheer



This stamp set is perfect for creating your New Year's invitations and cards. But also to embellish your photos from your New Year adventures.  As always the stamp set retails for $17.95, but with your $50 purchase you can add the stamp of the month to your cart during checkout for only $5.00.  



Remember that the Happy, Happy Christmas kits and the stamp of the month are available for the month of NOVEMBER only! 

Thanks for stopping by today - I will be back with new projects to share later in the week.



4 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is so beautiful, Susan. Love your sunny colors, make me smile :)

scootingranny said...

Love this card as sunflowers are some of my favorites. I have this cartridge but haven't yet used it so thanks for inspiring me to do so soon!

moknowsall said...

love the color combo - you are an amazing designer. have a great day

Scrapping Girl said...

Oh the sunflowers! The sunflowers on this cart are my FAVORITE!!!!!! I am obsessed. Your card is beautiful! I will hopefully get you my CTMH order in the next day or two. I have been buried in working a ton of extra shifts and have not gotten my ducks in a row!
:)
Michelle