Monday, November 21, 2016

A Wreath Full of Thanks


Hello friends! Happy Thanksgiving week!  This week I am hosting the Cricut challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2 and I have challenged the Design Team to use the word THANKS or THANKFUL,  cut with the Cricut, on a project. Because I have become boringly predictable (!), I have used Close To My Heart's Flower Market cartridge to create my card.

I started with the basic, single color fall wreath cut.  I then gathered individual fall cuts from the Flower Market cartridge that together made up the wreath.  I cut the various elements in different colors of cardstock, then layered the additional cuts over their corresponding shapes on the wreath.

I added to the design by incorporating pine cones, acorns and berries, shapes that were not on the original fall wreath.  I finished the wreath with the pumpkin cut at the bottom - again not on the original wreath.  

The phrase Full of Thanks is also found on the Flower Market cartridge.  I really like the colors and the design of the phrase.

Because my wreath was so full of color, I matted the wreath and phrase on a white mat.  I did add color with the second mat, but nothing to pull the eye from the actual wreath.

If you have not already been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog, I hope that you head right over now.  The Design Team has created some wonderfully Thankful projects to inspire your Thanksgiving week.  We hope that you can find time to join this week's challenge!!


Thank you for stopping by today!  I will be back later in the week to tell you about the Close To My Heart Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals!!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

The wreath is absolutely beautiful as is your Card! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family! May God bless you.

moknowsall said...

gorgeous card - love all the wreaths I've seen this season. Yours is colorful, and you know I love color!! Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to you and your family!