Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Split Pumpkin Framed Art



Hey there friends!  I am back today with a super quick post.  Remember that cute SVG pumpkin cut I used on Monday's Bitten By The Bug 2 Halloween project?  Well, THIS is the same SVG pumpkin, cut much larger, and framed as a fall home decor project!!

I had a couple of extra 8 x 8 inch frames stashed in my scrap room - along with ALL of the other stashed items - and I thought this cute pumpkin could make a welcoming fall home decor item.  I cut the pumpkin 6.5 inches tall by 7.2 inches wide.  The letters are cut at 1 inch tall.  

I cut the background pumpkin in orange card stock and added a cream color bar behind the word Welcome.  

After assembling the pumpkin and word layers together, I matted the pumpkin onto a 8.5 x 8.5 inch square of burlap (I have a ton of burlap in my stash too).   I stretched the burlap on to the frame back and reassembled the frame.

As you can see in the photo below, the frame is part of the fall decor explosion on my mantel and built in shelves.  I do love fall decorations, they are so warm looking.  

I told you this would be a quick post!  Thanks for stopping by today.


1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh, such a beautiful home decor project. It makes your home look so festive!