Monday, October 10, 2016

Popcorn Box Movie Gift Card Holder


Hello friends!  It is Monday and time for this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge.  My amazing Design Team sister, L.B, selected this Cricut Challenge - a Movie Theme.  There were so many possibilities with this challenge - scrapping movie themes, scrapping of movie nights, and so many others.  I decided to take a different route and I created a movie gift card holder.

The basic card came from the Crazy Cute Cards cartridge.  I made a few edits in Design Studio, which would be difficult to explain.  I used textured white cardstock for the white section of the card.  I wanted to give the popcorn additional texture.



The other two cartridges used to make this card are Movie Night and When I was a Kid.  From these two cartridges I cut the ticket on the front of the "box" and the Movie Night title inside the card.  

I finished this box with gold gemstones in the buttered popcorn.  I think this is the perfect amount of bling on this card. I really like how this gift card holder turned out.  Best of all, it will slide right down inside a Christmas stocking. 

Be sure to go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 Blog and check out the Movie Themed projects my wonderful Design Team.  They always rock the weekly challenges.


Have you taken the time to enter the weekly Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut Challenges?  I would like to personally invite you to follow BBTB2 and enter our weekly challenges.  The challenge rules on listed on the sidebar at the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog.


Remember that I posted about a great opportunity this month for those who might be interested in becoming a CLOSE TO MY HEART consultant. Read more about that HERE.  And HERE.

The October Stamp of the Month, Yuletide Joy, is a perfect addition to your Christmas stamps.  It is available for this month only - $17.95 retail, or $5.00 during check out with a $50.00 order.


Below is a simple and elegant layout created with the Yuletide Joy stamp set!


Lastly, if you have not already purchased your copy of the Cricut Flower Market Cartridge, I would love to help you with that.  I am truly loving this new cartridge!!!  



1 comment:

Caroline said...

I love how you made this into a gift card holder! What a cute idea. Love the bling too.