Monday, October 3, 2016

My Favorite Hello Kitty Costume


Hello friends!  How stinkin' cute is Kitty in her Halloween costume?  Of all of the Hello Kitty Cricut cuts, this Halloween Kitty is by far my favorite.  She is just so cute as Black Cat!  Ha ha.

This is my card for this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  My wonderfully talented and kind Design Team sister, Laurie, is hosting this week.  The challenge is to use a Cricut cut FRAME on your project.  


I used this adorable spider web frame from the Close To My Heart Artbooking cartridge (the black frame).  I copied the frame, used the edit contour feature, and removed the inner web pieces, then I decreased the size so that the orange layer is an background.  Finally I copied the orange layer and cut a large square out of the middle so that I created the white layer of the frame.  I think the three layers look so much better than the single frame.

I cut Hello Kitty from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  I love this cartridge! It is a must have for the die hard Hello Kitty fan.  I also have the Hello Kitty font cartridge, but find that I use it less frequently.

The little pumpkins were cut using the Pop-up Neighborhood cartridge.  I thought the pumpkins were the perfect embellishment for this simple card. 



Have you been by the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog yet and checked out the great Framed projects shared by the Design Team.  You will be truly inspired to create your own framed project!  Don't forget to share with us after you complete your project!!

Remember that I posted about a great opportunity this month for those who might be interested in becoming a CLOSE TO MY HEART consultant. Read more about that HERE.  And HERE.

The October Stamp of the Month, Yuletide Joy, is a perfect addition to your Christmas stamps.  It is available for this month only - $17.95 retail, or $5.00 during check out with a $50.00 order.


Below is a simple and elegant layout created with the Yuletide Joy stamp set!


Lastly, if you have not already purchased your copy of the Cricut Flower Market Cartridge, I would love to help you with that.  I am truly loving this new cartridge!!!  


2 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

So adorable :) Love that sweet kitty and lovely Autumn colors, you've used!

Caroline said...

I love your Hello Kitty card, it is so adorable! The layering is so pretty and love the way you customized it.