Monday, October 31, 2016

Hello Sunflower Card


Hello friends!  I am so excited to share today's card with you!!  Today is Monday and that means this is my weekly Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut Challenge project.  My sweet and talented Design Team sister, Marti, challenged the team to use a Flourish or Swirl on this week's project.  I chose a flourish from the Flower Market cartridge.

I managed to get ahead on my challenge projects and have had to wait six weeks to share this cute card.   Sunflowers are one of my daughter's favorite flowers so I know she will love this sweet fall card.  I used the two sunflower cuts on the Flower Market cartridge, as well as the flourish and "hello".   The scalloped frame is from the Artistry cartridge.  It is a total Close To My Heart card.  It is also one of my favorite fall projects!!

The top layer of the card is a custom creation.  I used two squares from the basic shapes, one as the top of the card (cream colored layer).  The second square I sized and shaped to fit the scalloped frame, then "sliced" the second square from the cream layer.  The scallop frame was then glued around the opening on the top of the card.  Wow, that was difficult to explain.  I hope it made some sense.

After making the top cream layer, I added the flowers, flourish, and twine.  I used thin pop squares to add the cream layer to the top of a white card.

And because I just have not said it enough - I do love this card!!


Have you been by Bitten By the Bug 2 this week?  My design team sisters have some fabulously flourishing projects to share with you!!!  After you view their inspirational projects, we would love to see YOUR Cricut cut Flourish projects!!

NOTICE:  Today is the last day to order October Stamp of the Month, Yuletide Joy.  It is $17.95 retail, or $5.00 during check out with a $50.00 order.


Below is a simple and elegant layout created with the Yuletide Joy stamp set!


Lastly, if you have not already purchased your copy of the Cricut Flower Market Cartridge, I would love to help you with that.  I am truly loving this new cartridge!!!  


2 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow, I love this card, too. The sunflowers are so pretty and you made a beautiful design. Your daughter will love it.

Scrapping Girl said...

Can I just say how much I love this card? LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Those sunflowers may be my favorite thing on that cartridge-I've already used them on half a dozen projects in the last few weeks. May have to have a sunflower intervention, lol! I will be emailing you this weekend (probably Sunday, since I'm working nights the rest of the weekend) with a CTMH order-I'm going to get the Flower Market cartridge and some paper for my mom for birthday/Christmas.
:)
Michelle