Monday, October 17, 2016

Happy Halloween Card


Hello friends!  Are you ready for another spooktacular card?  My sweet and uber talented design team sister, Laurie, selected the theme for this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut Challenge - Laurie's challenge is use your Cricut to create a Halloween themed project!  Easy-peasy.

I created this Happy Halloween card using cuts from four Cricut cartridges and an SVG file.  The split pumpkin is the SVG file.  It cuts in three pieces: the stem, the top half and the bottom half. I placed the split pumpkin over the pumpkin on the card.

The base card is on the Autumn Celebrations cartrdige.  It is supposed to be an open card, but I added the gold print paper behind the pumpkin.  

The Happy Halloween banner with the bats is from the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and more 2 cartridge.  I sized this banner to cover the simple Happy Halloween on the base card.  I used a black marker to add the bat faces.

The candy corn cuts are from the Trick or Treat cartridge.  There is a sucker in the cut with the candy corn, but I chose not to use the sucker.

The double layer word BOO was cut using the Don Juan cartridge.  I sized the word to fit in the open area of the split pumpkin.

I finished the card with additional black marker doodling on the card edges and the candy corn.

I have to tell you that the Bitten By The Bug 2 design team hit a home run this week.  Their designs are amazing.  If you have not already done so, please do go by the BBTB2 blog and check out all of the Halloween project eye candy!


The October Stamp of the Month, Yuletide Joy, is a perfect addition to your Christmas stamps.  It is available for this month only - $17.95 retail, or $5.00 during check out with a $50.00 order.


Below is a simple and elegant layout created with the Yuletide Joy stamp set!


Lastly, if you have not already purchased your copy of the Cricut Flower Market Cartridge, I would love to help you with that.  I am truly loving this new cartridge!!!  




1 comment:

moknowsall said...

I see we both used the same Halloween cut this week. I like your addition of the faces for the bats. Great card - so many parts - came out stunning!