Monday, September 19, 2016

Welcome Fall



Hello friends.  It is Monday and that means it is time for the weekly Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge.  My very sweet and very creative design team sister, Caroline, selected this week's Cricut Challenge Cut.  Caroline has asked us to use a Cricut cut Apple on our project this week.  

I made this sweet little fall card with an apple on the front using two Cricut Cartridges, the new Close To My Heart Flower Market, and Home for the Holidays - Fall and Winter.   I cut the WELCOME Fall apple using Home for the Holidays.  After cutting the apple I brushed on a glitter glaze on the red layer, which created the white specs in the photos.  The layered simple wreath cut is from Close To My Heart's new FLOWER MARKET cartridge.  I cut the bottom layer in orange and the top layer in an apple green cardstock. The circle behind the wreath and the matting layers were also cut with the Cricut, using the basic shapes feature in Cricut Design Space.

I used several finishing techniques on the card: zig-zag stitching with my sewing machine, fall colored gems on the berry cuts, and fall color twine wrapped and tied around the top two layers of the card.


Thank you for stopping by today. If you have not already done so, please hop over to the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and view all of the amazing fall apple projects the design team created to inspire you.  Then please create your own Cricut Apple cut project and link up with us at Bitten By the Bug 2 for the weekly challenge!!


4 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such detailed fall card, Susan. Love that intricate layer on the apple.

Caroline said...

All the cuts go so well together. It certainly looks like it was meant to be that way. The wreath looks so pretty with the apple. Beautiful card!

moknowsall said...

Yes, I'm now ready for fall. Love that Apple cut and how you embellished it

Scrapping Girl said...

So perfectly fall! I'm having so much fun playing with all the wreaths on flower market!!! Love this one you used to go with your apple.
:)
Michelle