Monday, September 26, 2016

Retro Card


Hello friends.  Welcome to this quick Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge post. Our design team sister, Emily, is back from her moving break (everyone cheer - YAY!!!), and is handling this week's Cricut challenge.  Emily has issued a Retro project challenge - use your Cricut to create a project representing the 50's, 60's, or 70's.  I created this card to represent the 1960's, the era of my childhood.

I used three Cricut cartridges to create this card:  The new Close To My Heart digital City Sidewalks Christmas cartridge, Groovy Times, and Suburbia.  The funky patterned background is from City Sidewalks.  I love this fun cut as it reminds me of the big city Christmas lights of my childhood. My mom used to take my brother and I from our safe neighborhood in the suburbs into downtown Detroit to see the Christmas lights and window scenes at J.L Hudson's.  It was always a snowy, fun day for us.

The 45 rpm record and the word Groovy are from the Groovy Times cartridge.  I cannot tell you how many 45's I had as a child!  The girl on the telephone is from Suburbia.  She looks like a retro teen to me.

I hope that you have enjoyed my Retro Card.  If you would like to see more retro projects - really, really good retro projects, head on over to the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog and check out the Design Team's fabulous Retro projects.

We hope that you will consider joining us in this week's challenge.  We do love it when you play along!




2 comments:

Lynn B. said...

This is great, very retro indeed! I love all of the little added extras you put on, they really finish this to perfection..

Caroline said...

I love the colors and papers that you used. I like how you used the 45 record. I remember getting together with a friend that had the most amazing collection of 45's. We had such fun listening to them. I love the lady dialing the vintage phone.