Monday, August 8, 2016

Perk Up Coffee Gift Card Holder


Hello friends!  I am back this week, after an unplanned absence last week, with a new Bitten By the Bug 2 project.  Our newest team member, Marti, challenged us to Perk Up with Coffee/Tea Projects.  My daughter loves Starbucks so I designed this fun gift card holder coffee house card.  

I used two Cricut Cartridges to create this card in Design Studio:  City Buildings and Love You A Latte.  The basic building is the Shop from City Buildings.  The shop is usually a flat cut building.  I created my own insert piece, with a fold, to make the bottom two-thirds of the card open.  I also added a fold to the awning so that it too is three dimensional.  Additionally, I removed two of the windows from the top floor of the shop.


The coffee details for on the front of the building were all cut with the Love You A Latte cartridge.  The Have a cup label was perfect as my shop sign.  I added a tiny pop dot behind the cup of coffee to add dimension.  I finished the card with pen doodles, brown and beige pearls, and gold sequins.  

Have you been by the Bitten By the Bug 2  blog yet today?  There are some truly HOT STUFF projects that the design team has shared.  Please do go by and visit their blogs also.  And, if you have time, please join our Coffee/Tea challenge this week.  We would love to share a cup with you!



CLOSE TO MY HEART - Introducing the new CTMH Cricut Cartridge called Flower Market.  This is NOT just another flower cartridge.  CTMH has a way of taking their cartridges those extra steps further than than the average cartridge, placing them in a league of their own.  Flower Market is no exception!  It features lots of flowers and 3-D flowers, but also containers, wreaths, phases, accessories, and calendar year cuts that coordinate with the theme.  I have fallen completely in love with this cartridge, and I feel certain that you will too.


In addition to the fabulous cartridge, Flower Market also includes three stamp sets and our new colors of card stock!!

 

Guess what?  For August only I have an introduction deal for you BASICALLY THE BEST!!  I want you to love the Fundamentals just as much as I do.  So this month when you purchase the Whimsy, Enchantment, or Adventure Fundamentals paper pack, you can select either the Rustic Home or the Uptown Fundamentals for free.  Want more, buy more and get more free!!


I know I told you that I had a lot of ground to cover.  I will continue with more detail on the cartridge at a later date.  I do not want to overwhelm you.  I will tell you about one more special:

The August Stamp of the Month - Purr-fect Halloween!



3 comments:

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, your gift card is fabulous! I always love to see all the details in your work and this one does not disappoint! Great job!

moknowsall said...

What a fabulous card this week Susan. Your take on the coffee shoppe is delicious. I smell the coffee from here. I bet you will be making a flower shoppe card soon. Maybe a farmers market, maybe a new home, maybe a quilt shoppe..... Oh my

Caroline said...

Ohhhh, I love, love this gift card holder and the way you made it your own. I always love 3d cards. I just love this little shop and all the special details!