Monday, August 29, 2016

Back To School Bus


Hello friends, welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 challenge post. My AWESOME Design Team sister, Michelle, selected this week's Cricut challenge, a very timely BACK TO SCHOOL theme.  Here in SC school has already begun, but I know some of you are just now gearing up for school.  I would say that school seems to start earlier and earlier each year, but the reality is, my "kids" go back early as they are teachers.  Two of my three children, and their spouses, are teachers.  Three of the four are back to work, everyone except Bethany, who will be out on maternity leave for four more weeks.

For the challenge I chose the school bus cut from the Autumn Celebrations cartridge.  I cut some pieces twice in order to layer with pop dots.   I also changed up a few colors.  I created a custom card shape by copying the shadow, reversing one layer, and welding the two pieces together.  

The bright BACK TO SCHOOL phrase is from the Recess cartridge.  I liked the bold colors in the word BACK.

I finished the card with glitter lights and lots of pen doodles.  

If you have not already been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog, you should head right over.  The Design Team has created some awesome back to school cards, layouts, and projects, all to inspire YOUR back to school projects.  Be sure to share your Cricut cut back to school projects with us at BBTB2!



CLOSE TO MY HEART - Introducing the new CTMH Cricut Cartridge called Flower Market.  This is NOT just another flower cartridge.  CTMH has a way of taking their cartridges those extra steps further than than the average cartridge, placing them in a league of their own.  Flower Market is no exception!  It features lots of flowers and 3-D flowers, but also containers, wreaths, phases, accessories, and calendar year cuts that coordinate with the theme.  I have fallen completely in love with this cartridge, and I feel certain that you will too.


In addition to the fabulous cartridge, Flower Market also includes three stamp sets and our new colors of card stock!!

 

Guess what?  For August only I have an introduction deal for you BASICALLY THE BEST!!  I want you to love the Fundamentals just as much as I do.  So this month when you purchase the Whimsy, Enchantment, or Adventure Fundamentals paper pack, you can select either the Rustic Home or the Uptown Fundamentals for free.  Want more, buy more and get more free!!


I know I told you that I had a lot of ground to cover.  I will continue with more detail on the cartridge at a later date.  I do not want to overwhelm you.  I will tell you about one more special:

The August Stamp of the Month - Purr-fect Halloween!


3 comments:

Scrapping Girl said...

Love the bus card-I think most of us have memories of catching the big yellow bus when we were kids! At least your teacher kids don't have to do that anymore, LOL! I am putting together a CTMH order for my birthday and will email you today or tomorrow!
:)
Michelle

Caroline said...

This school bus is just adorable. I love the wording in the window and the Doodling! Good luck to all your adult kids on going back to school.

moknowsall said...

the card is so adorable - love the bus themed cards I have been seeing. Now did you make 4 of them or is there just one lucky receiver of this card?