Monday, June 27, 2016

Stars and Stripes Decor



Hello everyone.  I am hosting this week's Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut challenge.  With July 4th just around the corner I challenged the Design Team to create projects that include Cricut cut STARS. 

I was very excited to see that Dreaming Tree 3-D SVGs released a new patriotic set just in time for my star spangled challenge.   I chose to use the hat centerpiece from Dreaming Tree as the main element of my project.  I also used the Cricut Independence Day cartridge on this project.  I added the layered phase, Stars and Stripes, using the layered cut from Independence Day.  I think it looks like it was part of the original design.

My hat centerpiece may not be assembled with perfection, but I had to create the project before Mary and Leo released the assembly instructions.  I had to wing it in a couple of places!  Overall, I am happy with the end result.  The hat is now front and center (on a flag runner) on my dining table.

As a warning, do not try this at home (!!), but I used real flame candles in my faux candles for the photos.  Why you ask?  Well you know how we all save things for years and years and then when we finally need them we just tossed them out the week before? Well that was me with the battery powered tea lights.  I tossed them while cleaning out furniture during the flooring installation.  Seriously.  Luckily I had some real little tea lights that worked well.  I burned them only long enough to take photo!



Have you been by Bitten by the Bug 2 blog yet this week?  The Design Team created five-star projects for this week's challenge.  You should definitely checkout their impressive projects, then create your own Star studded project and link in to the Stars challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.  

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope to return with another project midweek.

5 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

FAB!!!

Caroline said...

This is an awesome centerpiece for your table. Love the candles, stars and the phrase. Perfection!!!

moknowsall said...

love your stars and stripes centerpiece. those designers are sure coming out with great projects - and you know just how to embellish! Flame On!

Laurie Levorson said...

Awesome Independence Day d├ęcor! Love everything about it!

pezadoodle said...

Awesome project! Need to check out that place - I haven't made a 3d project in ages.