Monday, June 13, 2016

Father's Day Card



Hello everyone.  I am finally back from my blogging hiatus with a new  Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge post.  My sweet and talented design team sister, Michelle, is hosting this week's Cricut Challenge.  With Father's Day quickly approaching, Michelle has challenged us to create Father's Day or Masculine projects for the this week.

I have to tell you, I am soooo happy that I can get back into my scrap room that I had a lot of fun making this card.  First, I used four cartridges and one set of Close To My Heart stamps to create this card.  The card shape is from the Classically Modern Cards cartridge.  I removed the Hot Air Balloon on the front of the card (using the contours feature to remove cuts), leaving me with a round top, rectangular card.  This card shape was PERFECT for my "Dad" character I created.
  

Using basic shapes, CTMH Artistry for the glasses and mustache, Autumn Celebration for the eyes ( they were on a monster!), and Photo Props for the hair, I created the Dad character.  As I searched Design Space and gathered my cuts, I have to tell you I laughed out loud when I searched "man hair" and found this comb over!  Who would have thought?   

I love this bushy mustache from the Artistry cartridge and I also like the coordinating CTMH stamp I used on the mustache (from stamp #C1542 Perfect Fit - Dad, a Father's Day set).  I used this same stamp set to add the decoration to the eyeglasses.   



I thought about just stamping Happy Father's Day on the front of the card, but I decided to use the Text Feature and write Best Dad Ever on the tie.  I tilted the text and attached it to the tie in Design Space.  

Do not laugh, but this card is for my husband from Duncan, our dog.  While Doug does not sport either a comb-over or a handle bar mustache, he does have beautiful blue eyes and his hair has grayed.  

I do hope that you plan to create a Father's Day card or two this week.  Please be sure to share them with us at BBTB2.  Just link in under the Father's Day post using the linky tool.  I cannot wait to see what you create!!


My final flooring project update:  

We have finished all of the floors.  Doug put down the final board in the long hallway on Sunday afternoon.  We are celebrating a project well done, but mostly we are celebrating the word DONE!  A few final photos with the new window treatments and the bar open for business again:






One of our last to-do's is a new rug for the dining room.  While I love this rug, it is too red/cranberry for my "blue phase" decorating.  


Thanks for stopping by today.  I do hope you join us at BBTB2 this week.


5 comments:

Caroline said...

This card is truly fabulous!! I just love the "Dad" that you created. It really makes me smile! Your floors look amazing. I can imagine it feels so good to be done.

moknowsall said...

sorry - but I had to laugh at your card too! perfect for too many men in my life (w/o mustache).....

I'll trade you rugs - I have a very similar one in blue that doesn't match my red living room.. so I have it in the spare bedroom. great job on the new floors, that's one thing I would not attempt myself.

maureen

L.B. said...

His eyes are amazing and so much fun.

Scrapping Girl said...

Glad you have survived the remodeling-I give you kudos for even thinking about DIY, let alone finishing!!!!! I'm sure you are heaving a big sigh of relief. Now you need some pics of your craft room redo! Love the fun card for Doug-had to smile when I saw it and I'm sure he will too!!!! I will be emailing you about a CTMH order in the next day or two.
:)
Michelle

Laurie Levorson said...

Susan, your card made me smile and the story behind finding your cuts made me laugh out loud! I love everything about it and I'm sure your hubby will get a kick out of it too. Your new floors look amazing! We live in an old house with original oak floors from the 1930's that we refinished years ago. Lots of work, but so worth it in the end. Have a great Father's Day weekend!