Monday, April 11, 2016

Music To My Ears Layout


Hello friends!  It is Monday and that means it is time for this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 Cricut challenge project.  I am hosting this week's challenge and it is all about MUSIC.  My inspiration for the challenge came from the calendar of lesser known National holidays.  Today is Nation Barber Shop Quartet Day.  And though Barber Shop projects could have been cute, I decided to go with the much broader theme of Music.


For this challenge I created this two page music themed layout.  It is my daughter sharing the gift of music with her daughter.  Avaleigh loves music and books.  She likes to dance with her father and she loves dancing on her own.  I thought it would be fun to document her budding interest in guitar with her mommy.


I used four Cricut cartridges in Design Space to create the layouts:  Teddy Bear Parade, Quarter Note, Twinkle Toes, and Paper Lace 2.  The page elements include: 
  • Two rocking Teddy Bears from Teddy Bear Parade,
  • The swirl embellished guitar from Quarter Note,
  • The title phrase also from Quarter Note,
  • The flowing music from Twinkle Toes, and
  • The sheet music from Paper Lace 2.


I did take some design liberties with the sheet music.  I cut multiple copies in three colors, then hand trimmed the notes to apply over the notes in the blue cuts.  I thought this would add extra subtle color to the page without over powering the photographs. 


If you have not already done so, please do hop over to the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and look at the FABULOUS music projects the Design Team made to inspire you.  After that we would like for you to create your own Cricut cut music themed project and share with us at BBTB2.  Use the linky below today's project.

Now that my kitchen update is complete, I will be starting on straightening out my scraproom.  You do not EVEN want to know how big of a mess is in that room!  I ordered a few organizing tools from Totally Tiffany at the Scrap Rack and hopefully that will help.  I will keep you updated.  
Thank you for stopping by today.  


4 comments:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful layout Susan! I love the die cuts on this fun layout but it is those pictures that really tell the story. How sweet are mommy and daughter?! Love the bond that this layout shows of them. Hugs, Brenda

Sharon said...

Your layout is most awesome Susan!! The little teddy bears are so cute. Love how you made the notes different colors. And the photos are so precious!!! :)

Caroline said...

This layout is total sweetness! I love how you made your musical notes with the different colors. Isn't the musical bear just the cutest! The pictures of your daughter and grand daughter are so touching. How wonderful to share music with Avaleigh!

moknowsall said...

have to say this is the first pastel colored musical layout I've seen. great pictures for a beautiful layout. oh the memories. thanks for hosting this week.

maureen