Monday, April 25, 2016

Umbrella - April Showers



Hello friends!  Welcome to this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 post.  My super-sweet design team sister, Caroline, selected this week's Cricut Cut Challenge - April Showers Umbrella!  We almost missed this challenge this year so YAY Caroline for remembering April Showers.

You all know how much I love the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge, right?  Well of course Kitty, with her umbrella, had to be part of my umbrella project.  I wanted Kitty to be enjoying her rainy stroll so she needed to go someplace pretty.  Someplace like a flower garden - in the rain - with her umbrella!


As much as I love this Hello Kitty cut, I wanted to do something different with the colors.  Instead of dressing Kitty in her normal yellow raincoat, I thought she needed to jazz it up a bit with a new Laura Ashley-esque raincoat and hairbow print.  I think she looks very darling and British.

After selecting the Hello Kitty Umbrella cut, I selected the SVGcuts.com Thanksgiving Invitation box card.  I made a few edits to the box, including creating a custom lattice piece for the back of the box.  I cut the base box in yellow card stock and the trim in white and pink.

I used the Picturesque cartridge for the double layer leaves and Art Philosophy for the roses.  I cut the roses in three different card stocks.  I used the roses and leaves to embellish Kitty's garden.   


If you have not already been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 Blog, you should hope right over there and check out the Umbrella projects the design team created for this April Showers Umbrella challenge.  They are amazing!!!  Also, I would like to invite you to join us in our weekly challenge.  Create your new Cricut cut Umbrella project and link it to the Umbrella challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2.  All of the challenge rules are in the side bar at BBTB2.

Thank you for stopping by today!!

5 comments:

Lynn B. said...

This is so sweet and creative. Kitty seems to be really enjoying her walk in the rose garden, great job!

Caroline said...

This box card is absolute perfection! I love the spring garden with all the fabulous flowers, and Miss Kitty looks fab in her raincoat and umbrella! I wish I was getting this card, lol!

moknowsall said...

I love the Kitty too. Your box full of spring is just darling

Brenda said...

This is so cute Susan! I love.the way you dressed Hello Kitty in a designer rain slicker. The flowers are.perfect for her stroll. Hugs, Brenda

pezadoodle said...

So sweet! Love the color changes you decided on - she looks great in the flowered raincoat! Nice job on the lattice and "building" her garden!