Monday, April 18, 2016

Birdie House Hunting


Hello friends!  Welcome to this weeks Bitten By the Bug 2 post.  This week our sweet former Design Team sister, Brenda, challenged the DT to create projects using a Cricut cut BIRD.  I made this cute House Hunting card.

As most of you know I have been working on projects in my house and so apparently I have homes on the brain.  And consequently, my bird has homes on it's brain too - specifically, finding a new home.  

I used the bird cut from the Just Because Cards cartridge to cut my blue birds.  I thought these cute, cute bird houses on the Serenade cartridge were perfect for my bird's house hunting adventures.  I cut the houses in black cardstock, but the accent pieces were cut in three different color combinations.

The card shape is from Dimensional Card - Pretty in Design Space.  I changed the colors of the card and created my own white inset.  

I used the Cricut pens to write the sentiment on the front of the card.  

I would like to invite you to join us in the Bird challenge this week at BBTB2. My design team sisters have created fabulously chirpy projects to inspire your creativity.  Be sure to go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and check out all of the pretties.



I have a new in home project that I began this week.  After arriving home from a lovely vacation at Hilton Head Island, I decided to attack my scrap room as it has been quite a mess for quite a while!  Today I began taking apart the room.  I decided to begin by packing up everything that is on the desk and sitting around loose.  I moved several boxes into the hallway.  Next I began purging items that are horridly out of date, or no longer useful.  

My plan is to spend time each day this week cleaning out each shelf, drawer, and area of the room.  Once the purging is complete, I am going to implement a new organizational plan.  As I unpack the items from the boxes, I will again purge some products and I will sort the products. Hopefully the new plan, with much of the clutter gone, will be a huge improvement.  I will keep you posted!!


4 comments:

Caroline said...

How cute is this, with the birdie choosing his new "house". I love this idea! Good luck with your craft room overhaul!

Brenda said...

This is really an adorable card Susan! I love the bird and the houses he is looking at for a new home. Too cute! I also love that you wrote your sentiment on the card with your Explore. The shape of the card is so fun too and your inside is as cute as the outside. Hugs, Brenda

moknowsall said...

what a great theme, and so creative to use the 3 birdhouses..... wow...

after you are done with your craftroom, come and work on mine - it is a total mess - I keep adding to it, not taking away!

maureen

Scrapping Girl said...

Can you come do my house next? The craft area is dreadfully messy…. Sounds like a very ambitious project but you will be oh so thrilled when it's all clean and sparkly and done! Love your adorable lil birdie card-think how much craftier you will be when your "nest" is all tidy!!!!
:)
Michelle