Monday, March 28, 2016

Tulip Wreath Card



Hello my friends!  This week the Bitten By The Bug 2 blog is celebrating spring bulb flowers.  My talented design team sister Melanie selected this weeks challenge.  Melanie has challenged us to use bulb flowers on our projects - tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, irises, etc.  I chose to use these great tulips from the Picturesque.

I created the tulip border by piecing together tulips and leaves.  I added white pen doodles to the leaves and the main tulip leaves and stem hoping the make the card a bit more whimsical.  


I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend.  We enjoyed a long weekend as Doug was off Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  We spent Thursday enjoying Avaleigh.  I snapped a few photos of her playing in the back yard.  I gave her a few Easter Eggs and she seemed to think they were for throwing.

Friday and Saturday I painted my buffet - more on that later in the week. And Sunday we celebrated Easter.

We joined our daughter and her family for Easter brunch and then came home for a relaxing afternoon.  Even though it was just the three of us, I still baked a ham, twice baked potatoes, fresh green beans, a fruit platter, and bread.  We finished the meal with cheese cake and fresh strawberries.  We were all happily full.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please do go by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog and check out the great projects the design team created for this challenge.  Lots of great inspiration!

You only have a few days left to take advantage of the March Specials at Close To My Heart.




That means buy any two My Acrylix stamp sets at regular price and get a third set of equal or lesser value FREE!  The special is good on all of our stamps, even our fabulous $29.95 font stamps!  What a deal!  Which stamps will you choose?

Also available for the month of March only, our Stamp of the Month, Sunshine Birdies.


How sweet are these little birdies?  The just shout SPRING TIME!  The birdies stamp set can be yours for the regular price of $17.95, or with a $50 order you can add the Sunshine Birdies stamp set to your cart at checkout for only $5.00!


6 comments:

Caroline said...

This tulip border is sooooo pretty, and so is your card. You did such an awesome job on the doodling! I love the large tulip in the middle, too.

Melanie Brown said...

I just love this card! It is so beautiful!

Sharon said...

Your card is beautiful Susan!! Love the tulip frame!!
The photos of Avaleigh are just precious!!! She is a beauty!!! :)

L.B. said...

very pretty card

Scrapping Girl said...

Loving the tulips-my favorite spring flower! Avaleigh is such a cutie-I'm sure you are enjoying every second with her and she is a fabulous photography subject! Sounds like a busy Easter weekend for sure, but your dresser looks fabulous after the repaint. We woke up to snow on Easter Sunday-I had to switch my spring dress to something more warm and wintery! And now it's back to spring temps-crazy weather!!!!! I hear you on the pollen count…I'm medicated to the eyeballs. Hope you have a wonderful week!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

A DIY border of tulips - how creative. Beautiful card this week.

I have a dresser, turned buffet that is ready for it's next makeover - I will check into this kit at Home Depot. Great project - love the blue.

maureen